Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Fine on Southern Registration Vehicle in NI - What's next?

Options
  • 16-10-2017 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Episode 1: Parked on a single yellow area on a Saturday afternoon where everyone else had parked (being the sheep!) and an hour later returned to find a ticket on the windscreen.

Episode 2: Parked in a pay and display area and paid and displayed for half an hour or so. Got delayed at the CrApple Store as they've never been efficient, and when I returned about 20 minutes later, I found a ticket for overdue parking!

The question is, what are the consequences if this isn't paid? As mentioned above, the vehicle is southern registration, and both episodes happened in Northern Ireland. I'm curious to find out about this.

Also, is there any point in appealing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

What would be your grounds for appealing?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Hiddden

Not much I suppose, that's why I'm asking. Negligence or being delayed by a shopkeeper wouldn't be enough I guess! And what are the consequents of not paying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

Hiddden wrote: »
    Not much I suppose, that's why I'm asking. Negligence or being delayed by a shopkeeper wouldn't be enough I guess! And what are the consequents of not paying?

You're asking do penalties travel cross border, yes, yes they do so the consequences are the same as down here.

"Under a cross-border pilot project with Northern Ireland, motorists from Northern Ireland who fail to pay parking fees or toll charges here can be pursued similar to other motorists. The Driver and Vehicle Agency in Northern Ireland will forward the motorist's details to the appropriate local authority for parking offences or Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) for tolls. Similarly, if you fail to pay a parking fee or toll in Northern Ireland, your details can be passed to the Northern Ireland authorities."

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/traffic_and_parking/parking_fines_and_vehicle_clamping.html

Advertisement