Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint About a Coach Breaking Code of Conduct

Options
  • 16-10-2017 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

A coach has treated me blatantly differently from my peers, blaming (not criticizing), humiliating and ridiculing me more than once or twice during a course. They have also failed me on an assessment with a partly unfair feedback on my performance and all feedback and communication by them has included lots and lots of negative ego about who they are and what they can do! All of this is against the organization's code of conduct, and only mentioning this to someone at the higher parts of the hierarchy, I was strongly advised in filing a complaint because they cannot tolerate such behaviors from their staff, and they want this to be addressed.

I am about to compose a letter and explain what has happened; I will clearly and briefly explain what happened, but assuming a complaint must aim for a goal rather than just nagging about what happened, I'm not sure what exactly I must aim for getting. I don't want to be rude or greedy, however I would like to know what I can get and what I must ask for.

Any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Bit of context would help. Is this at all related to your employment? Or are we talking about a sports coach in connection with something you do recreationally or for a hobby? Have you paid for this course? Who did you pay? What was offered or promised? What is the nature of the "organisation" whose code of conduct is being infringed? What role does the coach play in that organisation?

And, the big question; what redress do you want? You say "I would like to know what I can get"; are you looking for monetary compensation?

Advertisement