If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 49" comparison

Options
  • 16-10-2017 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Would you have any steer on your LG 49SJ800V vs 49UJ670V?

There's also a model-less 55" here that I was wondering about too..

Also, is there any special Boards promotion going on or anything like that?

Cheers!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi there,

Cheers!
    Hi 30,

the model less LG 55 is an LG 55UH615 ( competitor pricing is a bit sensitive hence the no-model advert!)

on the LG 49UJ670 V's LG 49SJ800 - there are huge differences!

The SJ800 has a far better motion control processing speed and is HDR10 / HLG / Dolby Vision HDR ready

In appearance the SJ800 is slimmer and looks better built

The main difference is plain Picture Quality - the SJ800 looks radically better!

Unfortunately I don't have any movement on the UJ670 and very little on the 49SJ800 - on the 49SJ800 we are already well under market pricing at £749 / €869 ( euro includes shipping and our 6 year warranty) but we could stretch it to €849 if you were interested for the 49SJ800..

Thanks and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Hi there,

Cheers!
    Hi 30,

the model less LG 55 is an LG 55UH615 ( competitor pricing is a bit sensitive hence the no-model advert!)

The SJ800 has a far better motion control processing speed and is HDR10 / HLG / Dolby Vision HDR ready

The main difference is plain Picture Quality - the SJ800 looks radically better!

Unfortunately I don't have any movement on the UJ670 and very little on the 49SJ800 - on the 49SJ800 we are already well under market pricing at £749 / €869 ( euro includes shipping and our 6 year warranty) but we could stretch it to €849 if you were interested for the 49SJ800..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for that.

It's for a family member so I'll have a chat with them and see what they think, hopefully have a view by the weekend. Sounds like SJ the way to go though!

Appreciate the info.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi there,

Cheers!
    Hi 30,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for that.

It's for a family member so I'll have a chat with them and see what they think, hopefully have a view by the weekend. Sounds like SJ the way to go though!

Appreciate the info.
    No problem at all ThirtyThirty.

Let us know what they say :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.