Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2017-18 Emirates FA Cup

Comments

thebaz wrote: »
    maybe vitriol was the wrong word - but you certainly seam to be gloating with what happened -

as I said footballers are human , and will re-eact when **** happens be it Cantona, Aguero or Evra - Wigan should have controlled ther fans, and as I said this is not the first time - spoiling what should be a great night.

Please indicate in this thread where I have gloated?
    I responded to someone who brought Evra into a debate about Augero in the FA cup thread about a game that had nothing to do with Evra.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    How can you presume if someone shouts verbal abuse that it wouldn't trigger an emotional response from someone receiving said abuse?

You have no idea of the context of what someone could say and how any given individual would react.

Do you really not see the difference between the two events and how one is more serious than the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

the anti City vitriol from United fans here is sad.

Some of the stuff United fans came out with is ridiculous - someone mentioned Aguero carrying out a serious assault, another mentioned he lashed out at fans - getting carried away because it's Man City.

I'm sure Aguero will get a ban for bringing the game into disrepute but at the end of the day they'll still pi*s the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Ban aguero? ****ing nonsense .Why not ban the whole City team then the rags might catch up.

Do you really not see the difference between the two events and how one is more serious than the other.

No, I suspect if someone said something awful to somebody said person might react others would not.

If someone physically rushed someone there is no guarantee that that person would or would not react in a violent manner either.

Is it really that hard for you to understand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Ah come on he brushed him away with his hand. Whack.... that’s pushing it to be honest

The FA don’t read boards so you don’t need to play down things. Brushed him away! LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Ban aguero? ****ing nonsense .Why not ban the whole City team then the rags might catch up.

Stay classy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Aguero, in an ideal world, doesn't react at all, lets the fan say what he likes, even potentially spit at him, and just walks off the pitch like a robot.

in the real world, very very very few of us would have the restraint to not do anything in the same situation.

Aguero made the decision to try and face up to the fan after his initial reaction.

the problem the FA have is that by the letter of the law, Aguero should probably get a ban (even though I maintain he did very little wrong if you're talking about real life reactions). The thing is, you need a deterrent for the fan, so they don't do that again.

Fans are given far far far too much leeway in the abuse they can give footballers, and there are rarely any repercussions for the disgusting things they say to what are human beings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Are you still peddling the media dislike City angle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Strawman arguments are out in force now. Not much difference between a fan running on the pitch, spitting at Aguero and physically confronting him and Evea running into the stand to kick someone. Lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Would ye ever cop on. Aguero won't and shouldn't be banned. The fans had no place on the pitch in the first place. Fans should be allowed to have a free run at players. Who cares what was said. The wigan fans shouldn't have been there.

As for the disgusting antics from the city fans, they should be banned from the next away game. Probably City will just get fined but not good enough.

Then there is the managers. Both should be fined for their little half scuffle.

It was a red card and rightfully so. Horrible tackle.

pjohnson wrote: »

Oh I know they dislike them, especially the British media,mind (rte aren't far behind). They media are infested witha racists always have been. Don't like Arabs especially. Utd have always been the media darlings, they will do anything to help them get back to the top. They'll have a job mind with mouriniho in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

pjohnson wrote:

They did enjoy Pep struggling last year but this year he has silenced his critics. Despite the loss last night it's expected they'll take out their temper on Arsenal on Sunday to win the other domestic cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Oh I know they dislike them, especially the British media,mind (rte aren't far behind). They media are infested witha racists always have been. Don't like Arabs especially. Utd have always been the media darlings, they will do anything to help them get back to the top. They'll have a job mind with mouriniho in charge.

Is there any post which can be more wrong than this?

Tin foil hat stuff.

ERG89 wrote: »
    They did enjoy Pep struggling last year but this year he has silenced his critics. Despite the loss last night it's expected they'll take out their temper on Arsenal on Sunday to win the other domestic cup.

Media always enjoyed any big team struggling.

If you think City gets negative press then check how the Sanchez to City and Sanchez to Manutd was reported.

Every media is full of praise for City (which they deserve it this season in most cases).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

The media don't hate City. A lot of neutrals do though. City bought their way out of being a relegation candidate. They didn't earn their success.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Media always enjoyed any big team struggling.

No they enjoyed that Pep's style "wasn't working" in England like it had in Germany and Spain.

No they enjoyed that Pep's style "wasn't working" in England like it had in Germany and Spain.

Like how all the media had premature ejaculation when they beat Barca in group stages last season?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Tin foil hat stuff.

United the media darlings??? Absolutely bizarre :pac:

The rags... yoonited...
    I’m hoping these words are coming from teenagers.

• Advertisement

The rags... yoonited...
    I’m hoping these words are coming from teenagers.

Like I said in United thread, these kids read Bluemoon and thinks it make them hard core blues if they start **** talking about ManUtd.

Check some of the posts, they talk about ManUtd more than they do about City.

Like how all the media had premature ejaculation when they beat Barca in group stages last season?

Were Barca playing in the Premier League?
    Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Arrests made as Wigan investigate

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43124416

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I've never seen City criticised for their money, ever. Honestly. This is nonsense.

They spent buckets of money on that defence, as in £50m a pop, and they were lauded for how they supported Guardiola and what he needed. and rightly so. they weren't insulted. there was no talk of 'those rich fúcking Arabs'. nothing at all.

Abramovich and Chelsea were given FAR more stick when he arrived.

while I believe Sanchez went to Utd largely for the extra money, that was largely the only reason anyone gave for him choosing Utd. De Bruyne signs his contract extension on the day of the Sanchez signing - did anyone report on how petty that looked? De Bruyne had also openly talked about Sanchez potentially joining City at the beginning of January, something we all normally destroy Barca for. Barely a peep from anyone.

Is Guardiola going to be reprimanded for the tunnel bust up with Paul Cook?
    Is Guardiola going to be asked properly about his shameless hypocrisy in going mental over the Delph sending off when it was as clear as day a potential leg breaker?

there is nothing against City, in the media or anywhere else.

Would you ever cop on to yourself.

Tin foil hat stuff.

There's a few fine examples .I'll dig them up when I have time. You can judge yourself then. Every article Martin samuel writes is anti city .the late Brian woolnough was borderline slanderous after the takeover. I'd mention dunphy only he's only a journalist in the loosest sense of the word.

Were Barca playing in the Premier League?
    Nope

So is this only about media not giving credit to ManCity in PL, but not ManCity in general?

There's a few fine examples .I'll dig them up when I have time. You can judge yourself then. Every article Martin samuel writes is anti city .the late Brian woolnough was borderline slanderous after the takeover. I'd mention dunphy only he's only a journalist in the loosest sense of the word.

Ken Early, Henry Winter, Ballbag, Simon Stone, jamie Jackson they all write article residing in Pep's arse.

This is the same Martin Samuel who wrote a conspiracy article that UEFA are planning FFP 2.0 just to stop city and PSG.

Ken Early, Henry Winter, Ballbag, Simon Stone, jamie Jackson they all write article residing in Pep's arse.

This is the same Martin Samuel who wrote a conspiracy article that UEFA are planning FFP 2.0 just to stop city and PSG.

Simon stone and and Jamie Jackson are a pair of odious pricks similar to Duncan castles. Couple of the others I'm not familiar with so I can't comment. Samuel twists like a snake on a regular basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Aguero will likely get banned for his actions last night. Regardless of any provocation, a player simply cannot raise his hands to anyone never mind a spectator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jaysus

No, I suspect if someone said something awful to somebody said person might react others would not.

If someone physically rushed someone there is no guarantee that that person would or would not react in a violent manner either.

Is it really that hard for you to understand?

I'm talking about the fact that evra wasn't on the pitch and aguero was. The fact that evra went to confront whereas aguero was confronted. Surely you can see the massive difference between the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

marvin80 wrote: »
    Some of the stuff United fans came out with is ridiculous - someone mentioned Aguero carrying out a serious assault, another mentioned he lashed out at fans - getting carried away because it's Man City.

I'm sure Aguero will get a ban for bringing the game into disrepute but at the end of the day they'll still pi*s the league.

Aguero was apparently spat at - if some prick did that to me I'd do a lot worse than Aguerro - I think he restrained himself judging by his action , given alleged circumstances

. Surely you can see the massive difference between the two.

Of course he can, anyone would see that difference...admitting that is another thing.

No action to be taken against Kun despite.the best efforts of the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Aguero was apparently spat at - if some prick did that to me I'd do a lot worse than Aguerro - I think he restrained himself judging by his action , given alleged circumstances
    Apparently the club are considering legal action against the fan for common assault, according to SSN.
    https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/965967618334183424
    They haven't ruled out contacting the police over the incident. And the club are very unhappy with the stewarding operation, which they considered inadequate for such a high profile game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Took them a while to come up with the story of being spat on. Very convenient indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Took them a while to come up with the story of being spat on. Very convenient indeed.
    It was mentioned this morning. Maybe you missed it.

fullstop wrote: »
    Of course he can, anyone would see that difference...admitting that is another thing.

Overly_attached_GF.jpg

Last night in fact.:rolleyes:

Overly_attached_GF.jpg

You're looking well Mick

• Advertisement

fullstop wrote: »
    You're looking well Mick

Oooooh burn!!! What a comeback :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I'm no fan of city but there was no concern for player safety last night. If someone did spit in ageuros face I don't blame him for reacting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

No action to be taken against Kun despite.the best efforts of the media.

I thought he would get a token ban because of all the crap the media were spouting.

Didn't deserve a ban in any case.

marvin80 wrote: »
    I thought he would get a token ban because of all the crap the media were spouting.

Didn't deserve a ban in any case.

But... but... the agenda???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Last night in fact.:rolleyes:

Could you point out when it was mentioned on the night of the game. Was it mentioned in any interviews or the press conference?

I don’t believe he was spat on. It’s a concocted story for added insurance in case a fan coming onto the pitch badgering him was not in itself worthy of a slap.

In my opinion Aguero was right. I think players get enough abuse from the stands (which I think is pathetic in itself) but coming onto the pitch is going way too far.

But the spitting accusation is a lie in my opinion.

Strange that no statement was ever made about the firmino allegation

Strange that no statement was ever made about the firmino allegation

Fa just released a statement no charge against firmino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Fa just released a statement no charge against firmino

Just about to post this lol

https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/966380977642754049

Could you point out when it was mentioned on the night of the game. Was it mentioned in any interviews or the press conference?

I don’t believe he was spat on. It’s a concocted story for added insurance in case a fan coming onto the pitch badgering him was not in itself worthy of a slap.

In my opinion Aguero was right. I think players get enough abuse from the stands (which I think is pathetic in itself) but coming onto the pitch is going way too far.

But the spitting accusation is a lie in my opinion.
    I could but I'm not going to bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Midweek reply bump come on you minnows..

8 o clock kick off BBC one

• Advertisement
Advertisement