Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2017-18 Emirates FA Cup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Was Sane even in an offside position?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Turtwig wrote: »

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Every time Cardiff get in a promising position their lack of game intelligence shines through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

He wasn't. Anyway, justice has been done. Nice one Raz. And what a cross from Bernie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

And there is the difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I'm still waiting for a late flag.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Is VAR only getting used at certain televised games, maybe an app for it plus the use of the big screen for those at the ground without a phone, weird they've not used it here today.

I'm still waiting for a late flag.

Invoke the inner Gabriel Jesus.

Dirty f***er. That's a red card all day long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Dreadful fcuking challenge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

On replay that’s definitely a red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Ref shouldn't be allowed to pick up his pay cheque.

That ref's having a horrendous game. Perfectly good goal by Bernie chalked off, and Cardiff should be down to 10 men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Red card all day, ref bottled it

Red card all day, ref bottled it
    Happens regularly against us. Kane and Alli should both have walked, as should Puncheon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

That's a horrendous tackle by Bennett. Live it just looked like a cynical trip but that's a leg breaker.

Only strengthens the case for the VAR. It's asking a lot for the ref to spot that nastiness of that challenge at live speed. I reckon most of us only spotted it on the 2nd replay.

Sane off. Probably precaution

We've tailed off a lot in this half. We just need to be careful not to let Cardiff snare a goal and get the crowd going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

That woke me up.

Decent shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Fantastic pass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

This whole VAR thing is just more ridiculous by the day.

Yesterday the referee "needs" it to confirm that SIX West Brom players were offside.

Today its absent when it would have actually prevented Sane being wrongly flagged and Cardiff a man down!

Good bloody riddance. He should have gone a long time ago.

Warnock living up to his Colin nickname there, bitching to the ref. He should be thankful the ref was as woeful as he was.

Pep dead right to nail into those refs, were a joke. They didn't protect the players. Second half was a training session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

blueser wrote: »
    Warnock living up to his Colin nickname there, bitching to the ref

No mention of Pep doing the same thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Pep dead right to nail into those refs, were a joke. They didn't protect the players. Second half was a training session.

No one thought the first half challenge was a red until slo mo.

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    No mention of Pep doing the same thing?
    I hope I'm wrong, but I'd worry about Sane, having seen Pep's reaction there. Which he was fully justified in doing. Cardiff just seemed to want to kick us all afternoon. With precious little protection from the ref. Warnock, on the other hand, had nothing to whinge about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Shout out from the BBC to Mark E RIP.:):(

I hope I'm wrong, but I'd worry about Sane, having seen Pep's reaction there. Which he was fully justified in doing. Cardiff just seemed to want to kick us all afternoon. With precious little protection from the ref. Warnock, on the other hand, had nothing to whinge about.

Ye arent that fragile. While the tackles were bad not every challenge warrants a red. Tackling is still allowed

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    No one thought the first half challenge was a red until slo mo.

Which tackle you referring to, and let's not mention the farce that was the disallowed goal.
    Pep dead right to give them hell.

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    Ye arent that fragile. While the tackles were bad not every challenge warrants a red. Tackling is still allowed
    So that justifies some of the, er, "robust" challenges then, does it? And please show me where I said every tackle was a red. If the ref had done his job in the first half, and sent Bennett off, it would have sent out a message to Cardiff, that they couldn't get away with an overly physical approach.

Sane out for two or three weeks with an ankle injury. Just as well we're not fragile, eh?

So that justifies some of the, er, "robust" challenges then, does it? And please show me where I said every tackle was a red. If the ref had done his job in the first half, and sent Bennett off, it would have sent out a message to Cardiff, that they couldn't get away with an overly physical approach.
    Yes Bennet was a straight red but I just meant terms like "robust" and "overly physical" are a bit OTT. I mean being totally honest you surely have to admit that Fernandinho and Kompany used to love big hard tackles (before ye started to dominate possession as much in Fernandinho's case and before Kompany's legs broke down). With a few exceptions a lot of you're players are of a slight build and will come off worse in a 50/50. It doesn't stop it being a 50/50.

Just saw your edit RE. Sane well that was inflicted by Bennett in the clearly awful tackle. You have taken issue it appears with much more than just his tackle.

Hell of a straw man there.

Complaining about instances of X does not mean the complaint applies to all of X. By your logic complaining about dangerous driving equates to wanting all drivers banned. The point being everyone wants safer roads.

Complaining about instances of X does not mean the complaint applies to all of X. By your logic complaining about dangerous driving equates to wanted all drivers banned.

Meh. Just noticed this poster complaining about tackles on City players in nearly every match they play, regularly citing Palace and Spurs games (I guess this can be added to the list).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Sane out for two or three weeks with an ankle injury. Just as well we're not fragile, eh?

Sanchez was kicked to death by Yeovil. Get up get on with it you’re playing in the Fa cup not the ****ing copa del rey

Complaining about instances of X does not mean the complaint applies to all of X. By your logic complaining about dangerous driving equates to wanting all drivers banned. The point being everyone wants safer roads.
    Agreed. Excellent post.

Good on Cardiff for doing what they tried to do. Lower league team, either stands by and politely clap with two fingers as City score cricket score, or they make it physical and hope for the best. You do what you can to try and win. It's not up to them to referee the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

4th Round Results
    Sheffield Wednesday 3 v 1 Reading
    Yeovil Town 0 v 4 Manchester United
    Peterborough United 1 v 5 Leicester City
    Huddersfield Town 1 v 1 Birmingham City
    Hull City 2 v 1 Nottingham Forest
    Middlesbrough 0 v 1 Brighton & Hove Albion
    Millwall 2 v 2 Rochdale
    Milton Keynes Dons 0 v 1 Coventry City
    Notts County 1 v 1 Swansea City
    Sheffield United 1 v 0 Preston North End
    Southampton 1 v 0 Watford
    Wigan Athletic 2 v 0 West Ham United
    Newport County 1 v 1 Tottenham Hotspur
    Liverpool 2 v 3 West Bromwich Albion
    Chelsea 3 v 0 Newcastle United
    Cardiff City 0 v 2 Manchester City

Replays
    Tuesday 6th February

Birmingham City V Huddersfield Town
    Rochdale V Millwall
    Swansea City V Notts County

Wednesday 7th February
    Tottenham Hotspur V Newport County

Yes Bennet was a straight red but I just meant terms like "robust" and "overly physical" are a bit OTT. I mean being totally honest you surely have to admit that Fernandinho and Kompany used to love big hard tackles (before ye started to dominate possession as much in Fernandinho's case and before Kompany's legs broke down). With a few exceptions a lot of you're players are of a slight build and will come off worse in a 50/50. It doesn't stop it being a 50/50.

Just saw your edit RE. Sane well that was inflicted by Bennett in the clearly awful tackle. You have taken issue it appears with much more than just his tackle.

Your not taking about the game in hand and trying to make it OK what happened tonight is OK because Kompany and Fernandinho is able and can give back bad tackles like the ones tonight.
    I don't mind some pulling and draggin but the refs tonight where bad.
    Bennett should have been off with the first tackle and he only injured one player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Is VAR only getting used at certain televised games, maybe an app for it plus the use of the big screen for those at the ground without a phone, weird they've not used it here today.

Can only be used in premier league grounds

Good on Cardiff for doing what they tried to do. Lower league team, either stands by and politely clap with two fingers as City score cricket score, or they make it physical and hope for the best. You do what you can to try and win. It's not up to them to referee the game.

《Snip》, your basically saying its OK what happened in the game as long as they got away with it.

《Snip》, your basically saying its OK what happened in the game as long as they got away with it.

Going to guess the snipped bit wasn't warm and cuddly? :pac:

I'm saying if a lower league team can physically bully a team out of it, then yes, that's what they should try.

I'm sure retrospective action will follow from the FA if required.

I'm saying if a lower league team can physically bully a team out of it, then yes, that's what they should try.

Was called uncivil. But let you get away with saying its OK to sledge players wheres your warning?

Was called uncivil. But let you get away with saying its OK to sledge players wheres your warning?

Sledging players? New one on me outside of cricket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

When's the draw for the next round?

• Advertisement

Sledging players? New one on me outside of cricket.

Really?Out of context you know what it means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'd be lying if I said I knew it was Peter Gabriel who sang "Sledgehammer" and not Phil Collins.

...dum dum... sledgehammer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

GavRedKing wrote: »
    When's the draw for the next round?

On The 1 Show tomoro at 7,BBC 1

Really?Out of context you know what it means.

I know what it means in cricket. I presume you mean players being physical as much as they can get away with? Which is not like cricket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

The FA can't do anything as the ref dealt with it at the time. It's another nonsense rule that needs changing. Although, maybe VAR may reduce the amount of these tackles that don't get the correct punishment in future

• Advertisement
Advertisement