Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PR advice

Options
  • 16-10-2017 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hey guys, my band is after just going live with our music video and have a few other videos lined up too release kinda weekly to keep things rolling online, as well as being active on FB,Twitter,Instagram and gig hunting (so we can line up a few dates) as well as getting air time on a couple of stations like RedFm etc.

We are now the stage where we know we may have to take a financial leap in terms of promotion and what that can bring to the table but we are all a bit ignorant to the topic as this is new to us (but we think we are doing well so far).

Was wondering what kind of advice any of you would have for band PR? is it worth putting the money into...would it help in getting into festivals or even getting more gigs with the name being pushed out a bit more? Booking agents are another story altogether but I would just like some advice on what to expect from PR and if its worth sinking a couple of grand into?

Thanks for your time and sorry for the long read! :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Hey guys, my band is after just going live with our music video and have a few other videos lined up too release kinda weekly to keep things rolling online, as well as being active on FB,Twitter,Instagram and gig hunting (so we can line up a few dates) as well as getting air time on a couple of stations like RedFm etc.

We are now the stage where we know we may have to take a financial leap in terms of promotion and what that can bring to the table but we are all a bit ignorant to the topic as this is new to us (but we think we are doing well so far).

Was wondering what kind of advice any of you would have for band PR? is it worth putting the money into...would it help in getting into festivals or even getting more gigs with the name being pushed out a bit more? Booking agents are another story altogether but I would just like some advice on what to expect from PR and if its worth sinking a couple of grand into?

Thanks for your time and sorry for the long read! :)

Don't throw money at anything and expect a good return without proper research. Would suggest doing a contract when handing over large sums of money so a PR guy can't turn around and screw you.

Facebook paid promotion is a must. Their algorithm changed a few years back, your mates probably won't see the material unless its paid promoted. Dont throw a lot in, maybe a tenner see how far it gets you.

Most PR work is done by getting out there, getting small gigs and getting to know the other bands. Go to their gigs and see their faces, before long everyone will know you.

Advertisement