Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eurovision 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Isr's novelty may turn out to be short lived between now and May, but this tune from the flatlanders below might outlive all of the other europop tunes.
    It's perhaps also the most original entry (and not in a novelty manner), that could produce a 16/1 winner particularly for the live tele-vote.

https://eurovision.tv/participant/waylon

Early prediciton:

Neth: 1st
    Bulg: 2nd
    Isra: 3rd
    Nor/Swe: 4th
    Fra: 5th

I dont think the Netherlands song is original at all tbh.....I also dont think its a patch on the other entry he was involved with (Calm after the storm).
    I can see it finishing in the top 10 no bother.
    Would love to see Bulgaria song doing that well it is terrific.
    I think the Norway song is BRUTAL, I cant see it doing that well even with Alexander Rybak returning. Returning artist dont tend to do too well (Bar Johnny Logan - Charlotte Perrelli, Niamh Kavanagh, Dana International, even Lena didnt do brilliantly).

The outsiders that are really growing on me are Azerbaijan (revamped version is a lot better) and Macedonia, they might surprise a few people and finish high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

gmisk wrote: »
    I dont think the Netherlands song is original at all tbh.....I also dont think its a patch on the other entry he was involved with (Calm after the storm).
    I can see it finishing in the top 10 no bother.
    Would love to see Bulgaria song doing that well it is terrific.
    I think the Norway song is BRUTAL, I cant see it doing that well even with Alexander Rybak returning. Returning artist dont tend to do too well (Bar Johnny Logan - Charlotte Perrelli, Niamh Kavanagh, Dana International, even Lena didnt do brilliantly).

The outsiders that are really growing on me are Azerbaijan (revamped version is a lot better) and Macedonia, they might surprise a few people and finish high.

Netherlands: Not original, but in the context of EV it is, no one else has a telecaster and a slide on a steel guitar. Add in a few flashing lights and should be in the top5 at least from live viewers. Better than last yrs which still did well.

Azerbaijan: You could be right, Norway now looking slightly limp but fits the atypical europop mold, and the books have been running it short (20% of odds from just days ago).

The Azerbijiggies do have a habit of sending lovely ladies with well constructed songs. When you add in voting trends, could well swap out the Norwegians for this.

Other notes: The Czech entry (teleported in from the 80's) may have made the same mistake as Norway i.e. double cheese on a cheese layer. They had one of the best songs last year, and still failed to qualify which demonstrates the fuzzy logic of the whole EV.

Sweden follows a similar theme to these two, but with slightly more credibility, possible top5. Many of the other entries this year are very dark and dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Amik

dogcat wrote: »
    Nobody in Russia has ever threatened to ban the video, the video he shared on Twitter has no sources whatsoever of any Russian broadcaster threatening to ban the video, it merely says it "could" be, not that anyone has actually threatened to ban it whatsoever.

I think Ryan's just being stupid now.

https://twitter.com/Ryan_Acoustic/status/973985844922081280

Amik wrote: »
    Er very silly....I cant find any mention anywhere of it being banned....I think he is more trying to drum up some interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

gmisk wrote: »
    Er very silly....I cant find any mention anywhere of it being banned....I think he is more trying to drum up some interest.

Dare I say this - but if that's the case, it could backfire... :o:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

RIP Former Eurovision host Katie Boyle :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/entertainment-arts-43472264

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Forgot to comment on the much-hyped Bulgarian release. I like it, but feels like they tried a bit too hard? Staging will make it or break it I feel. Not sure how it'll work with five of them on stage.

So, who are we predicting to qualify from the semi's?

I don't think SF1 is quite the bloodbath people are making out. I have Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Israel and probably Greece as definite qualifiers, I'm throwing Armenia and Azerbaijan in there as well because they almost always qualify. The two remaining two spots are a bit difficult to predict, Finland should be safe if they improve on that utter mess of a national final performance. Austria and Cyprus are both doing well in the fan polls but I can't really see it with either. Lithuania is sweet and has a certain charm, and Macedonia is really growing on me. I wouldn't even completely rule out Ireland if they get the staging right. So, my pre-Eurovision week prediction to make the final from SF1:

To qualify
    Belgium
    Bulgaria
    Czech Republic
    Estonia
    Israel
    Greece
    Armenia
    Azerbaijan
    Finland
    Lithuania

Missing out:
    Austria
    Cyprus
    Ireland
    Macedonia
    Albana
    Belarus
    Iceland
    Croatia
    Switzerland

Iceland and Switzerland are the only complete no-hopers imo, the others you can make some case for. Will post my thoughts on SF2 later.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

SF1 could witness;

FYR Macedonia's 6th consecutive NQ
    Ireland's 5th consecutive NQ
    Finland's. Switzerland's &/or Iceland's 4th consecutive NQ
    Albania's 3rd Consecutive NQ
    Lithuania's 2nd Consecutive NQ
    and possibly Azerbaijan's 1st Ever NQ!

I'd like to see FYR Macedonia, Finland and, of course, Ireland qualify.

Everyone (Fans, Bookies etc) seem to have written off Ireland even though I really like our song, probably my 2nd favourite Irish Entry of the 21st Century (after Lipstick 2011). If they can get the staging right and Ryan delivers it well vocally and emotionally, I believe we have a chance. As it is the slowest song in the 2nd Half it should stand out against the dramatic/uptempo songs around it.

I don't believe Armenia is a safe qualifier as most Armenian Friendly/Diaspora Heavy countries are voting in Semi 2 (Russia, Georgia, France....) It'll need strong Jury support to stand a chance. Azerbaijan is also on shaky ground being in the 1st Half surrounded by so many favourites....

My predicted qualifiers;
    Israel (Totally Bonkers but entertaining)
    Estonia (Powerful)
    Belgium (Sophisticated)
    Czech Rep (Catchy)
    Bulgaria (Dramatic)
    Austria (Soulful)
    2 out of Azerbaijan, Finland and Cyprus (Can't see them all qualifying as that would be too many up-tempo songs through)

The other 2 spots are up for grabs by pretty much everyone else, it will all depend on staging and performance. We'll know more once the rehearsals start. I am going to be a nervous wreck on 8th May!!! C'Mon Ireland!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

SF2 seems a bit more clear-cut than SF1, and the drop in quality is nowhere near as bad as many are stating. I think Australia, The Netherlands, Russia unfortunately, Norway, Romania, Poland, Sweden and Ukraine will all qualify pretty easily. The last two place seems like it could be a toss up between a few countries. Denmark might get a strong televote, and I think the juries might appreciate Latvia. Think it's possible Hungary might get a strong televote, or maybe the juries will get behind Georgia? Don't know, can't really call it.

To qualify:
    Australia
    The Netherlands
    Russia
    Norway
    Romania
    Poland
    Sweden
    Ukraine
    Denmark
    Latvia

Missing out
    Moldova
    San Marino
    Serbia
    Georgia
    Hungary
    Malta
    Montenegro
    Slovenia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

I think Hungary's coming top three in SF 02, if not winning it.

• Advertisement

LordBasil wrote: »
    and possibly Azerbaijan's 1st Ever NQ!

I see this coming too. It's a well produced song and the singer is talented/attractive, but I have NO CLUE what the song is about:

I’ll never sto o o o op, luna moon me up
    Misty moon I'm your loon
    luna moon me up
    I’am stronger than cannonballs

The crescent moon in the video made me think it was something Islamic. :P

It has almost all the same ingredients as their 2010 entry, which did very well (5th in the Final).

Oh Safura! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The crescent moon in the video made me think it was something Islamic. :P

Most Azerbaijanis are of a Shiite Muslim background.

However, it's also the case that most Azerbaijanis do not actively practice any religion. In fact, the country's constitution doesn't even declare an official religion... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

RIP Lys Assia. The 1st winner of Eurovision who has died aged 94

Sample of Macedonia performing live at a recent event. Marija sounds just as good as in the studio version.

The chorus live (at least in this performance) doesn't have quite the same "Umph" as in the video, but maybe the Eurovision stage/production/camera work will fix that.

https://twitter.com/esc_macedonia/status/976802187140567041

Crowd looks a bit dead. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ryan O'Shaughnessy has premiered his song at a Eurovision event in Lisbon : just a simple, stripped back acoustic version

Strazdas wrote: »
    Ryan O'Shaughnessy has premiered his song at a Eurovision event in Lisbon : just a simple, stripped back acoustic version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA_JXtckogg

50x better than our entry last year. It's a proper, heartfelt song. I'm expecting this to be a surprise qualifier for the final.

Need to go sit in silence for a few minutes after listening to this rendition of A Million Voices by Suzy (Portugal, Eurovision 2014) at the same event:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

estonia were available at 10s when the israeli song was made public, since then the odds have shortened every few days and now best at 11/2

at the rate the odds are dropping it might be only 3/1 on the day
    have a feeling the odds on israel might lengthen a bit

love the estonian song :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Whitters22

mailburner wrote: »
    estonia were available at 10s when the israeli song was made public, since then the odds have shortened every few days and now best at 11/2

at the rate the odds are dropping it might be only 3/1 on the day
    have a feeling the odds on israel might lengthen a bit

love the estonian song :)

Yeah I'm on Estonia at 6's.

Have to say my favourite is Amaia and Alfred this year though, such love for this song.

The only thing against it is that a slow iberian ballad won last year 😊

Whitters22 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm on Estonia at 6's.

Have to say my favourite is Amaia and Alfred this year though, such love for this song.

The only thing against it is that a slow iberian ballad won last year ��

backed at 10s 8s 6s 11/2

all ew 4 places, would be a miracle if this wasn't in the first four even though I think it'll be in the first two (tho quietly confident it'll win)

that song last year was dire lol

the spanish song is nice too

the israeli song could win but I can't see it winning easily, some will hate it some will love it, not a fan myself

• Advertisement

Have to disagree with above, Elina Nechayeva is useful if you want wine glasses broken, or an early sleepy sleep bedtimes, but find it hard to get excited about (Estonia) at all.

Reckon folks will opt for hooks, drums and 35hz bass instead.

Have to disagree with above, Elina Nechayeva is useful if you want wine glasses broken, or an early sleepy sleep bedtimes, but find it hard to get excited about (Estonia) at all.

Reckon folks will opt for hooks, drums and 35hz bass instead.

she's the best singer in the competition with the best song also imo.
    I'm sure pavarotti broke many a wine glass too ;)

now last years winning entry was the ultimate early sleepy sleep bedtime tune.

she's the best singer in the competition with the best song also imo.
    I'm sure pavarotti broke many a wine glass too ;)

now last years winning entry was the ultimate early sleepy sleep bedtime tune.

Meh, we can agree to disagree. After last years indeed sleepy tune, surely they'll likely pick something more uptempo instead of slow ballad/waltz.

Such a wide range of tunes from country rock, electro, ethnic, metal and even a dash of reggae, and of course the likely winner that is best classed as 'avant garde'.

Only concentrating on EW wildcard markets, and there is a few that could snatch a 3/4th place. (top10 too, but after SF1/2 only).

So few clues to the highly favourable 'x5 WildCards' are:

WC1. 'Noisey but Euphoric' @67
    WC2. 'Med hot summer sizzling anthem' @100
    WC3. 'Very Dua Lipa-esq' @250
    WC4. 'Bonnie-Tyler-ish' @250 (Boyles have rightly hacked this one right back to just 40/1).
    WC5. 'Repetitive Ljubljanan Euro-Pole-Dancing' tune (500/1, but safer for Top10 finish @34).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Notice how low key Ireland, or should I say Irish media, is about its Eurovision entrants of late. Hardly a word about this years' entry.

Notice how low key Ireland, or should I say Irish media, is about its Eurovision entrants of late. Hardly a word about this years' entry.

Lies! ;)

https://www.herald.ie/news/rte-eurovision-bosses-confident-ryan-air-will-fly-36755054.html

New version of Ryan performing live in Lisbon last weekend :

This is really good IMO

• Advertisement

New version of Ryan performing live in Lisbon last weekend :

EUDpGiWwVn8 (YOUTUBE)
    This is really good IMO

Sure the lad has some talent and capability with just voice and guitar, it's just not right for ESC, and certainly has no chance of a win or anything near the top 5.

The recording levels on this particular video are horrible, when the audio recording sound level line is flashing red or the 'clip' light is flashing, don't press record on the camera.

Ire is about 150/1, but it's sandwiched right between two other entries near the bottom of the market leaderboard that would prefer by a magnitude of x10. One had some rapid market shortening just today on the exchanges and plenty of good comments on the esc blogs.

Sure the lad has some talent and capability with just voice and guitar, it's just not right for ESC, and certainly has no chance of a win or anything near the top 5.

The recording levels on this particular video are horrible, when the audio recording sound level line is flashing red or the 'clip' light is flashing, don't press record on the camera.

Ire is about 150/1, but it's sandwiched right between two other entries near the bottom of the market leaderboard that would prefer by a magnitude of x10. One had some rapid market shortening just today on the exchanges and plenty of good comments on the esc blogs.

Nobody is expecting Ireland to win or go top 5. Competition is red hot these days with 43 songs, even getting out of the semi final is an achievement. I'd say if he can even get into the final, he'll be happy enough.

Nobody is expecting Ireland to win or go top 5. Competition is red hot these days with 43 songs, even getting out of the semi final is an achievement. I'd say if he can even get into the final, he'll be happy enough.

Currently joint 2nd last just to make it into the top 10.

Chances of even qualifying into the final are pretty low indeed, stands currently at joint 6th last on the market.

There's better quality than last year, and a much wider range of genre, of course there's some very obscure ethnic ones too.

This entry is akin to background music, or something you'd hear for 15secs in a film score, it's not a bad song, but quickly fades into insignificance among all the others.

Currently joint 2nd last just to make it into the top 10.

Chances of even qualifying into the final are pretty low indeed, stands currently at joint 6th last on the market.

There's better quality than last year, and a much wider range of genre, of course there's some very obscure ethnic ones too.

This entry is akin to background music, or something you'd hear for 15secs in a film score, it's not a bad song, but quickly fades into insignificance among all the others.

It's barely an average tune which has no chance of even qualifying like you've pointed out...actually it's borderline terrible!

It's barely an average tune which has no chance of even qualifying like you've pointed out...actually it's borderline terrible!

Agree, it brings little to the party, but is fine for a busking, backtrack to a movie or something else. Also don't get the female backing vocal part when the video suggests it should be a dude, ah well.

Have noticed one oddity on the market (the one that sounds like Heart meets BonnieTyler) is probably correctly marked short @41 by one place, among the sea of 150/1's, and even 250/1!

There's four wilcards altogether that may well get 3rd in their own SF or nab 4th overall.

• Advertisement

The running order for the Semi Finals are announced.

Ireland will perform 2nd last.

e0c76fd3cb410492601bc565a87268de

The running order for the Semi Finals are announced.

Ireland will perform 2nd last.

..And may be quickly forgotten by the time uptempo Cyprus 2’55” drop their pre-chorus hook at just 40secs (inc 10sec of titles roll).

Featuring the lovely Eleni Foureira, and likely adorned in a red leather catsuit, along with a choreographed dance troupe. Their song builds steady ascending structure (precisely every 10seconds) right into the bridge/post-chorus 1’20”.

hAtEniC.png

Sure-fire SF1 qualifiers (IMO) on 8th May:

Azerbijig, Czech, Isr, Bulgaria, FYR, Cyprus. + Another 4 spaces (total 10). Odds suggest Estonia & Belgium are up there, but neither float my boat.

Grand Final is 10+10+ the 6 'autos'.

SF1 is tough enough, and essentially only has just 8places available once you exclude the obvious two certainties, and has one more entry compared to SF2.

Ire are currently estimated 14th from the 19 in this by the markets, although they're 1 place ahead of 15th (FYR Macedonia), believe FYR's unusual reggae switch is one of the dark horses in the entire competition will grow on folks.

Interview with Ryan in Portugal. He says they haven't decided the staging yet and are still looking at different ideas as to how the song should be presented :

Looking at the running order it's hard to say whether it's good or bad for Ireland, given how competitive Semi 1 is. I think it could have been worse though. A quiet, mellow acoustic number may be welcome at the end of the night while voter fatigue has set in over the more "energetic" entries. I think the biggest losers from the Semi 1 draw are Lithuania and Belarus (both sandwiched between two favourites) and also FYR Macedonia, who would have been hoping for a later slot to linger in the mind.

I still think there are 7 certain qualifiers from Semi 1: Belgium, Czech Republic, Israel, Estonia, Bulgaria, Austria and Greece.
    The remaining three spots are up for grabs, with only Iceland doomed to non-qualification.
    Right now, if I had to guess, I'd go for Finland, Armenia and Cyprus to take the final three spots. But it will be very close.

For Semi 2 the biggest loser is Romania; I normally hate Romanian ESC entries and roll my eyes when they inevitably qualify, whereas this year I actually quite like their entry but it's got a terrible position going 2nd after Norway. Don't think any other country in Semi 2 is affected for better or worse.

...I think the biggest losers from the Semi 1 draw are Lithuania and Belarus (both sandwiched between two favourites) and also FYR Macedonia, who would have been hoping for a later slot to linger in the mind.

...For Semi 2 the biggest loser is Romania; I normally hate Romanian ESC entries and roll my eyes when they inevitably qualify, whereas this year I actually quite like their entry but it's got a terrible position going 2nd after Norway. Don't think any other country in Semi 2 is affected for better or worse.

Would consider these two as the half that make up my wildcards, FYR Macedonia, have a brave offering, but indeed could suffer from mid-point or tea-break fatigue.

That Romanian entry is a decent offering, but a terrible position. Has been compared to Canadian 80's rockers Heart, vocals are 'Eclipse of the Heart-esq'.
    Someone over at Boyles must agree as is priced at 40/1 whereas around 250/1 elsewhere.

Both these outsiders are possible contenders for top10 finish.

Last week France went up the charts, today it's Italy, neither of which I can recall, so both likely hook-deficient in substance.

Looking at the running order it's hard to say whether it's good or bad for Ireland, given how competitive Semi 1 is. I think it could have been worse though. A quiet, mellow acoustic number may be welcome at the end of the night while voter fatigue has set in over the more "energetic" entries. I think the biggest losers from the Semi 1 draw are Lithuania and Belarus (both sandwiched between two favourites) and also FYR Macedonia, who would have been hoping for a later slot to linger in the mind.

I still think there are 7 certain qualifiers from Semi 1: Belgium, Czech Republic, Israel, Estonia, Bulgaria, Austria and Greece.
    The remaining three spots are up for grabs, with only Iceland doomed to non-qualification.
    Right now, if I had to guess, I'd go for Finland, Armenia and Cyprus to take the final three spots. But it will be very close.

For Semi 2 the biggest loser is Romania; I normally hate Romanian ESC entries and roll my eyes when they inevitably qualify, whereas this year I actually quite like their entry but it's got a terrible position going 2nd after Norway. Don't think any other country in Semi 2 is affected for better or worse.

I'd much sooner go late in the running order with the Irish entry than anywhere near the first half with all those favourites in it.

Incidentally it's a bit of an urban myth that the No.2 draw is the worst in the semis (people are confusing this with no No.2 ever winning the grand final). It's actually No.3 that is the worst position of all statistically.

I think Finland or Cyprus could knock the other out btw. I'm not convinced there's room for both.

I'd much sooner go late in the running order with the Irish entry than anywhere near the first half with all those favourites in it.

Incidentally it's a bit of an urban myth that the No.2 draw is the worst in the semis (people are confusing this with no No.2 ever winning the grand final). It's actually No.3 that is the worst position of all statistically.

It's not just about the position in the running order but what comes before and after. If Romania was second but, say, directly after Montenegro and directly before San Marino, then it would come across better (it's livelier than the former and more professional than the latter). But given Norway is such a high energy number (and, whether you love or hate the song, Rybak is a great showman), Romania will seem very dreary by comparison. Which is a shame, as I actually quite like "Goodbye".

Current prediction for Semi 2: Norway, Denmark, Russia, The Netherlands, Australia, Poland, Hungary, Sweden, Slovenia and Ukraine

I'd personally rather see Serbia and Georgia go through ahead of Denmark and Poland but they're rather unusual songs and I'm not sure Europe will "get" them. On the other hand I suspect Hungary might do a lot better than people expect. I may be completely wrong about Slovenia though.
    I think Finland or Cyprus could knock the other out btw. I'm not convinced there's room for both.

They could both be through or they could both be out, it's so hard to tell. Azerbaijan and Croatia could be vying for the same votes as well, and even Israel will probably take some from Finland. Cyprus has the advantage of a guaranteed 12 points from Greece, of course!

They could both be through or they could both be out, it's so hard to tell. Azerbaijan and Croatia could be vying for the same votes as well, and even Israel will probably take some from Finland. Cyprus has the advantage of a guaranteed 12 points from Greece, of course!

A complicating factor is that a lot of Semi 1 songs have yet to be seen live : Belgium, Israel, Bulgaria, Austria, Greece, Cyprus etc

I may be completely wrong about Slovenia though.

Nah, I think Slovenia WILL get through. Just check out her Salvador impression, pure talent!

Nah, I think Slovenia WILL get through. Just check out her Salvador impression, pure talent!

But Slovenia is the Eastern-Euro-Lap-danicng club techno song, nothing like Portugal's Salvador.

• Advertisement

London Eurovision Party was last night with many acts present.

I was most interested in seeing how Bulgaria would fare and I must say I'm very impressed!

Ryan also had a decent guitar-free performance:

London Eurovision Party was last night with many acts present.

I was most interested in seeing how Bulgaria would fare and I must say I'm very impressed!

Ryan also had a decent guitar-free performance:

Wow wasnt sure the bulgaria song would hold up live but...LOVE it.
    Ryan has a great voice its just a pity song isnt better.

What are the chances of Israel failing to qualify for the final?

Mei Finegold came up during my work YouTube listening today. I remember she was top of the odds prior to Copenhagen. Her non-qualification was a shock.

We'll see Netta perform this week I believe (preparty in Israel). She seems very stationary behind her looper in the videos I've seen, whereas Mei had some amazing moves.

Love her backing dancers, wish they could follow me around. :P

What are the chances of Israel failing to qualify for the final?

Mei Finegold came up during my work YouTube listening today. I remember she was top of the odds prior to Copenhagen. Her non-qualification was a shock.

We'll see Netta perform this week I believe (preparty in Israel). She seems very stationery behind her looper in the videos I've seen, whereas Mei had some amazing moves.

Love her backing dancers, wish they could follow me around. :P

That was such a tune!

I dont think the israel song is nailed on to win....but would be a massive shock if it didnt qualify.

Speaking of stationary, I present Azerbaijan's Aisel at the Moscow Preparty...

Maybe the crowd isn't dancing because they're busying recording with their phones?

Speaking of stationary, I present Azerbaijan's Aisel at the Moscow Preparty...

Maybe the crowd isn't dancing because they're busying recording with their phones?
    The vocals on that are....poor.....disappointing because it is catchy.
    Also can people not just enjoy a bloody concert?!? would they prefer to just watch it through a phone screen? If so stay at home!

Will Netta be allowed to use the looper/sampler machine on stage? It's quite cool and something we've never seen at Eurovision before...

She seems like a lot of fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Will Netta be allowed to use the looper/sampler machine on stage? It's quite cool and something we've never seen at Eurovision before...

She seems like a lot of fun!

Looks like she is, it's no problem since she's using it live!

Looks like she is, it's no problem since she's using it live!

That appears to be an RC-505:

Five simultaneous stereo phrase tracks, with dedicated controls and independent volume faders each with pan, fade. +99 sentence phrases each with 5-sub tracks. Tempo sync allows for live delivery. Add in Ring Mod, Slow Gear, Pitch Bend.

May even run an additional loop sequence with the RC-202 on the mic stand.

Not much difference between this and the sax guy last year miming to a backing track, if anything more live/creative than others and just by using a €500 box.

• Advertisement

That appears to be an RC-505:

Five simultaneous stereo phrase tracks, with dedicated controls and independent volume faders each with pan, fade. +99 sentence phrases each with 5-sub tracks. Tempo sync allows for live delivery. Add in Ring Mod, Slow Gear, Pitch Bend.

You don't just have a sharp eye for bets, but instruments too. :P

I'd love to try one of these!

Advertisement