Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

better wifi high speeds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Was that English?

This is what you want. It wont fix congestion on Threes network though, only make the best of whats available.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 adamxtreme

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003WK62OS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

i found this today tp-link is a ok brand and i get 2 bars 4g in my area 1km up the street is 4 bars of 4g and it gets a 20mbs speed plus a router would add a lan witch would be better in games

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

ED E's solution is the best one. The one that you have linked is not as good. If you are going for it you also need to make sure that your dongle is compatible with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I have the (better than the 300n version linked) TP-Link AC750 4G LTE model and its fine. Annoyingly only has 100Gb/s ports and the 4g signal does go up and down but I strongly suspect thats 3's **** network.

Was using it till I got Fiber. Now its used as a Wireless Bridge... just realised Ive sold the PC it was connected to, so its doing nothing now, want to buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 adamxtreme

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Was using it till I got Fiber. Now its used as a Wireless Bridge... just realised Ive sold the PC it was connected to, so its doing nothing now, want to buy it?

erm depends where are u based i have terrible anixity bout buying stuff from strangers online and how much would u be looking for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

adamxtreme wrote: »
    erm depends where are u based i have terrible anixity bout buying stuff from strangers online and how much would u be looking for?
    Strangers are just friends you dont know yet. :) Besides, buying it on Amazon is buying it from a stranger running an Amazon store!

Amazon want £99 plus postage, I was thinking EUR70 plus postage (within Ireland). Im in Dublin. You can see my nearly two decades of history here on boards, it wasnt leading up to robbing you of EUR70! :p

Advertisement