Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Explore page on Instagram

• 17-10-2017 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn't find any mention.

Is there anyway to edit who/what goes on my explore page. Thanks to me liking a fitness blogger I get suggested these awful photoshopped accounts. And the amount of stupid posed before and after shots is ridiculous.

Edit: the fitness blogger I'd like to keep following. It's just the daft accounts with girls posting very filtered pictures of their arses and their lip fillers I'd like to remove.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

No idea here but I have the exact same issue!

I follow one fitness person and I hate my explore page. I keep saying show less when they show me some random fitness person but it still happens

Interested in replies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I didn’t think the explore page was related to my likes at all tbh. Is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Yeah it's based on your likes and who you follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Oh, ok.

TBH then it's probably just a case of a crappy algorithm. It's like on FB when I (a lesbian agnostic) get sponsored ads for Accord marriage courses. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

I'd like to skew the algorithm some how. I have a partial but time consuming fix. Click on the annoying posts, click on the 3 dots on the right and click 'see fewer like this' and click on the 'its not interesting ' option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

I'm in the same boat! If I see more more effing pic of Instagram vs reality, I will scream. Everyone knows you get rolls of fat when you sit down, I don't need to see pics to confirm this. I am literally having the exact issue the OP has and it is driving me bonkers. I also get a ton of click bait-y make up videos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭traveller0101

Yeah it happens to me too. Instagram is dominated by those fake-ass (literally) fitness types.

Hitting the 3 dot menu and selecting show less does actually improve it. I've been doing that for awhile now and I just checked my Explore page. None of those fitness type posts :)

Advertisement