Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2017-18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Meatyfubu wrote: »
    2-4 weeks is current timeline. Assume he'll be back in time and play with a mask. In the meantime it probably offers a decent opportunity to try some rotations with Simmons and Fultz.
    They have the easiest schedule and are finally outscoring teams with Embiid on the bench. 80% of mins are with Embiid or Simmons on the floor. If they could hold on to homecourt it would be an achievement.

Will Fultz be in the playoff rotations though? Surely won't be on the court at the same time as Simmons in the playoffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Meatyfubu

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Will Fultz be in the playoff rotations though? Surely won't be on the court at the same time as Simmons in the playoffs.

I don't know to be honest but from the couple of games I've watched he's been dynamic. He offers them something else. A player who attacks after the dribble and can create space for a shot.
    I'd suspect he takes some minutes from McConnell. Unless he shows something from deep it seems unlikely but with Simmons versatility I could see a Fultz Simmons combo where Simmons goes to work in the block when Embiid sits, just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Warriors starting to look like they are getting back on track with Kay,Durrant and Green all on the floor tonight. Right now Houston should be favorites but if Curry can come back close to full health then its game on
    Game had a bit of a dampener with McCaw being stretchered off, took a bad fall when he was fouled by Carter going to the basket, just an unfortunate injury, hopefully its not as bad as it looked

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

76ers playing at the hornets. Well considering it's a miserable day outside I might aswell watch some good basketball.

76ers won and are now level with the cavs. There is two games in LA today and the clippers game is just starting except one of the baskets isn't level. Some poor guy is sweating trying to level it.

• Advertisement

Simmons 20-15-8 3 steals and 2 blocks with 1 turnover. He's phenomenal, scary he's a rookie and he can't shoot. The ceiling is so high

Simmons 20-15-8 3 steals and 2 blocks with 1 turnover. He's phenomenal, scary he's a rookie and he can't shoot. The ceiling is so high
    If he learns to shoot he'll be nuts. The sixers are hitting form at the right time and I wouldn't want to play them in the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Looking forward to seeing the sixers in the playoffs, incredibly young team though so it'll be interesting to see if they can do anything.

They're definitely the team to watch even Ilysova is logging good minutes for them.
    I think if they can sneak 3rd place they make the conference finals. I fancy them to knock off Wizards/Bucks/Heat and then Celtics and who knows what might happen if they're fully healthy at that stage.
    Although I know he's young I don't know if there more than 5 or 6 guys better equipped to slow LBJ down a bit than Simmons.
    Nobody can stop him but Simmons is right up there as far as damage limitation is concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

https://streamable.com/ttikn

What even IS Kyle Anderson??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I haven't been keeping much of an eye on the b-ball this year but I see the raptors are still on top of the east,do they have a good chance of winning it all this year,although I see the rockets are flying too

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    https://streamable.com/ttikn

What even IS Kyle Anderson??

He's basically the greatest giver of hope to anyone who hasn't been blessed with speed or athleticism that you can succeed in a sport predicated on those abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

He's basically the greatest giver of hope to anyone who hasn't been blessed with speed or athleticism that you can succeed in a sport predicated on those abilities.

It's the classic if you saw him on ANY other team in the league (except maybe Boston) you'd go WTF? But when you see he's playing for San An and Pop, you know there's something there.

Heard on one of my pod rotations that the Sixers are 20-1 at home since Jan. 1. Very impressive considering how young they are. 1 game behind the Cavs now and they play them on Friday. Even if they win though they're behind in the tie-breaker but it could be a very interesting last few games.

RIP Spurs 50-win streak.

And by all rumours, RIP Kawhi staying with them.
    What a weird year to be a Spurs fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

The Playoff race in the West is mad, every morning I look at it a few teams have up/down a couple of spots. Right now I'd say the Nuggets are the best team outside with the Pelicans the worst in. Its been a great regular season though and almost has an NFL feel to it now with 7 teams fighting for the last 5 spots.

I am disregarding the cynics saying the WCF is a foregone conclusion. Its very likely but the west is stacked with very good teams and the rockets/warriors should be tested in each round.

I would personally prefer Denver playing Houston/GS in the first round, I could see them taking at least 1 game as opposed to NO who could well get swept by either(Still gutted about Boogie and AD not teaming up in the playoffs)

Some turnaround from the Jazz, looked dead and buried at new years and now they are sitting in the 4th seed and maybe upsetting one of the more fancied teams.

Minnesota have gone the opposite way meanwhile, they need Butler back ASAP.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/89xbjm/guys_its_mathematically_possible_for_there_to_be/
    The Jazz (45-33) need to lose to the Clippers, beat the Lakers, lose to the Warriors, and lose to the Blazers.
    The Spurs (45-34) need to lose to the Blazers, beat the Kings, and lose to the Pelicans.
    The Thunder (45-34) need to lose to the Rockets, lose to the Heat, and beat Memphis.
    The Wolves (44-34) need to lose to the Nuggets, beat the Lakers, beat Memphis, and lose to the Nuggets.
    The Pelicans (44-34) need to beat the Suns, lose to the Warriors, lose to the Clippers, and beat the Spurs.
    The Nuggets (43-35) need to beat the Wolves, lose to the Clippers, beat the Blazers, and beat the Wolves.
    The Clippers (42-36) need to beat the Jazz, beat the Nuggets, beat the Pelicans, and beat the Lakers.

If all this happens, then each team will be 46-36. In the event of a 7-way tie, the two teams with the lowest head-to-head record against the other teams will miss the playoffs.
    [...]
    This means the Pelicans and Clippers would miss the playoffs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    RIP Spurs 50-win streak.

And by all rumours, RIP Kawhi staying with them.
    What a weird year to be a Spurs fan!

Never thought id see him play for a different NBA team
    Wouldnt be shocked to see Lakers give up a Ingram & Kuzma to try and get him
    Would love to see Toronto make a play for him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Kyrie missing the Playoffs.

Sucks for Celtics.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Absolute bummer. What more can you say!!

Expected recovery time is 4-5 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Marcel Delightful Viewfinder

One of the worst cases of a team being destroyed by injuries that I can remember it's crazy that they are still competitive

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Really tough for the Celtics but you'd rather he gets fixed up now instead of pushing himself and getting hurt worse in the playoffs. Can start over next season with Kyrie and Hayward.

Boston finish the season as they started it. :(

Whoever gets the 7th seed in the East now should be favourites to take that series even without home court.

A guy I was high on, early on but has been through an awful time is Dante Exum but he's quietly made his was back into the rotation now.
    11 games in and he's had a few good games. If he stays fit he's a starter in the NBA.

Denver beat Minnesota to have the same record as them BUT they play each other once more before the season ends which will likely decide who’s in and who’s out. Lose/fail to make the play offs and Malone is probably getting fired.

There’s a Bill Simmons 2 parter 2+ hours podcast with KD that’s worth listening to btw. 5th time they’ve done this (the others are worth a listen to as well). He’s really come out of his shell now and is in real “I don’t give a F*ck” mode. It’s refresging in a way, rather than listen to basic press releases where people are scripted and giving rehearsed answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

The wine started to kick in for part 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Really tough for the Celtics but you'd rather he gets fixed up now instead of pushing himself and getting hurt worse in the playoffs. Can start over next season with Kyrie and Hayward.

+ maybe kawhi leonard ...

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

2smiggy wrote:
    + maybe kawhi leonard ...

That'd be very interesting, but I won't be holding my breath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

There’s a Bill Simmons 2 parter 2+ hours podcast with KD that’s worth listening to btw. 5th time they’ve done this (the others are worth a listen to as well). He’s really come out of his shell now and is in real “I don’t give a F*ck” mode. It’s refresging in a way, rather than listen to basic press releases where people are scripted and giving rehearsed answers.

Thought he came across poorly tbh. The last interview he did was better. All the blog boy stuff and getting annoyed by certain remarks pute off slightly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement