Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2017-18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

stuchyg wrote: »
    Thought he came across poorly tbh. The last interview he did was better. All the blog boy stuff and getting annoyed by certain remarks pute off slightly

I can see how some might not like it and I'd agree about the BlogBoy stuff being a bit silly, but at least he was being open and saying what he felt - even if only at that moment. There's too many branded/PR interviews out there. He wasn't watching anything he said - that I respect.

I liked how he gave the player's perspective (Why would I hate LeBron, his thoughts on Oladipo and opportunity, his thoughts on All NBA etc.) as well as his "I have a great life" comments. Whether you liked how it came across or not, whether you liked what he said or not - it was pretty real and at least felt honest.

Also, if you listen to all 5 I guess it makes more sense? Not sure if you've done that, but they're there if you want to go back?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Some mad games last night, Wizards lost a 17 point lead almost entirely to LeBron and the Rockets were blowing out the Blazers so Portland put in their 3rd string closers and went on a 17-0 run to tie the game up before Chris Paul got the winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Meatyfubu

2smiggy wrote: »
    + maybe kawhi leonard ...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2768330-potential-trade-packages-and-landing-spots-for-spurs-star-kawhi-leonard

It'll be interesting but I think he wants LA. I think PG13 is out of OKC. He's playing awful since the ASB.
    Ball, PG13 & Kawhi with IT off the bench next year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

I can see how some might not like it and I'd agree about the BlogBoy stuff being a bit silly, but at least he was being open and saying what he felt - even if only at that moment. There's too many branded/PR interviews out there. He wasn't watching anything he said - that I respect.

I liked how he gave the player's perspective (Why would I hate LeBron, his thoughts on Oladipo and opportunity, his thoughts on All NBA etc.) as well as his "I have a great life" comments. Whether you liked how it came across or not, whether you liked what he said or not - it was pretty real and at least felt honest.

Also, if you listen to all 5 I guess it makes more sense? Not sure if you've done that, but they're there if you want to go back?

IV listened to all 5. Listen to most bs report so long as they aren't talking about baseball. I think he was real to a point, certain questions he would skirt around and rich butted in on anything else.

Not sure how genuine the great life comments are either. Might be directed against the blog boy's who slated him for moving to GS. This is a man after all who created multiple accounts to defend himself on social media.

All that being said I'm a fan of KD and hope he does well in the off-season

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The sixers are up 23 points on the Cavs in the 2nd quarter. This team is unreal.

• Advertisement

Simmons almost a triple double and it's not even half time (13, 11, 8).

Simmons almost a triple double and it's not even half time (13, 11, 8).
    Imagine how good he will be when he grows up ?

Pure laziness 3 weeks ago not driving to Ladbrokes to pick up the 40s on the Sixers for the East. All the value gone now.
    Plug Embiid back in there and this is going to be a fun team to watch this postseason.
    They have the ability to make Eastern conference final which is an achievement for the year

2 games to go for OKC and they’re 7th in the West. OKC v GS (-Steff) in Rd 1 would be very interesting for the neutral!

2 games to go for OKC and they’re 7th in the West. OKC v GS (-Steff) in Rd 1 would be very interesting for the neutral!

If Melo's production hadnt fallen off a cliff and PG13 was playing like he was pre ASB I think they'd cause GSW some problems as the post season is all about match ups.
    That said there is an argument to had for saying Adams is the 2nd best player for OKC this year. Not the 2nd best player on skill but production it appears to be the case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

In the same way that Danny Ainge traded away an injury-cursed, undersized uber-scoring point guard going into the last year of his contract and hoping to get a big extension, he will trade Kyrie Irving.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    In the same way that Danny Ainge traded away an injury-cursed, undersized uber-scoring point guard going into the last year of his contract and hoping to get a big extension, he will trade Kyrie Irving.

No he won't. I wouldnt call either injury cursed either, neither are exactly D Rose or Oden.

Comparing the Kyrie situation to IT saga is ridiculous. Kyrie is a perennial All-Star on multiple teams and an NBA champion all before arriving in Boston.
    IT thrived in a system developed by Boston after being a good 6th man and average starter elsewhere.
    Kyrie is a max player without question, every team in the league pays Kyrie the max but IT was far more up for debate.

Ainge wouldnt trade him away unless he recieved unbelievable value in return.

Three games at 6pm tonight.

Hawks @ Celtics
    Pacers @ hornets
    Mavericks @ 76ers

NufcNavan wrote: »

Ah....no....can't see it.
    Meatyfubu wrote: »
    No he won't. I wouldnt call either injury cursed either, neither are exactly D Rose or Oden.

Comparing the Kyrie situation to IT saga is ridiculous. Kyrie is a perennial All-Star on multiple teams and an NBA champion all before arriving in Boston.
    IT thrived in a system developed by Boston after being a good 6th man and average starter elsewhere.
    Kyrie is a max player without question, every team in the league pays Kyrie the max but IT was far more up for debate.

Ainge wouldnt trade him away unless he recieved unbelievable value in return.

+1 on all of the above PLUS Kyrie (on top of being a lot better than IT) is 5 years younger than IT. That was a huge part of it.

I thought Cavs got a decent deal at the time. Crowder looks good again basically because hes back in a motion heavy offense and IT is at his best when he's hidden on defence and the focal point on offense neither of which were ever options with the Cavs given LBJ is asked to do alot less defensively in the reg season.

Cavs will likely get the 8th pick in the draft which given how loaded it is is not too bad but certainly not what they hoped.
    The caveat to that is the fact that imo the Nets are closer to being one of the worst 3/4 teams in the league but they're not tanking for anything like everyone else which has hurt the Cavs.

Overall Kyrie looks like he was traded for buttons. Clarkson, Nance, George Hill, Rodney Hood (with all that cap space) and Trae Young for Kyrie Irving

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Warriors limping their way to the playoffs, I’ve been saying it all year, they have been lazy and complacent at lot of the time. They could be vulnerable for an upset in the early rounds if they are not careful, they still have 3 all star players playing and are not convincing, KD really can’t seem to handle any criticism, when Kerr bashed the team after their lost mid week, Livingston took it on the chin and said coach has every right to say that after such a poor loss, KD couldn’t let it slide,obviously not a big issue but but little cracks are showing
    I feel the league has made decent strides to catch up to them also

Boston lose to tanking Atlanta. :rolleyes: First round exit on the way I feel, but given the injury list can't really expect anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Boston lose to tanking Atlanta. First round exit on the way I feel, but given the injury list can't really expect anything else

It's looking ominous alright. Hoping to be in Boston in early May & with a view to catching a playoff game too. Not what I was hoping for .

4wnWZQz.jpg

Sixers might make the ECF holy shít!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Sixers might make the ECF holy sh

I think with Embiid back they will win the east !!

East is looking seriously weak coming in to the playoffs but I'm not writing off playoff LeBron.

Jazz just clinched a playoff spot and have a great chance of getting home court after losing Hayward and starting the season 19-28

• Registered Users Posts: 36,355 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The Cavs are 18 - 9 since the trade deadline, or 55 win pace. They don't look weak to me - LeBron has been on excellent form and they've had health issues during that stretch. They've showed flashes of being very very capable with the new look roster.

Has anyone watched AMATEUR on Netflix? I saw a trailer for it last night and it looked like it had some promise, but the reviews are very mixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Boston lose to tanking Atlanta. :rolleyes: First round exit on the way I feel, but given the injury list can't really expect anything else

Id say the Heat are sickened that they have a tiebreaker over the Bucks. Bottom 3 seeds should all be making moves to end up at 7.

Boston are the only team I think are not capable of getting to the ECF, going to be some very tight series' in both conferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,355 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Wolves play the Nuggets in a straight up elimination game tomorrow night - great way to start playoff season!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Wolves play the Nuggets in a straight up elimination game tomorrow night - great way to start playoff season!

Hoping for the Nuggets to win. Jokic one my fav players and the inability of the TWolves to make use of their talent and some bad trades is ridiculous

Even as a Blazers fan I'm kind of okay with losing to the Nuggets last night as it's lead to this tiebreaker for the final spot. Barring a few scenarios playing out over the next two nights, including Memphis having to beat OKC, Blazers have homecourt sorted anyway.

Westbrook needs 16 rebounds to be the first player to average two Triple-Doubles.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Westbrook needs 16 rebounds to be the first player to average two Triple-Doubles.

No doubts hes going for it too. I wouldn't blame him either but it's about time everyone realises this guy just stifles teams and players.
    I think he could lead a team but they need a stronger coach because when PG13 leaves, questions will have to be asked as to why, also did Oladipo really get that much better and has Melo got that much worse.

Westbrook is a machine and top 3 guys you'd pay to see but he'll never win a thing as the best player unless he makes some changes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement