Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2017-18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Indiana leading Cleveland by 17 at halftime. Some of Cavs players look like they've never set foot on the same court before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Pacers up 17 at the half and the Cavs played their asses off in the 2nd quarter.

Cavs don’t have as many good players and the pieces don’t fit anyway.

if the pacers win this going away Lebron will already start thinking of where he’s going to play next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus that Celtics game wasn't good for the nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Jesus that Celtics game wasn't good for the nerves.

Best coached team in the NBA against maybe the worst coached team in the NBA. Celts will win the series but neither team will go much further. Real shame that Kyrie and Hayward went down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Meatyfubu

The Cavs win the series but they certainly looked tired most notably LBJ but thats to be expected when playing 22 of 24 mins in first half.

Cavs 5/25 from deep similar to the 76ers last night the Cavs will regress to the mean on that front over the series. Pacers definitely look like they'll nip this one but who knows....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Pavers up by 16 with 3.15 left in the third, Cavs just can't close the gap, tbh they look lost. Body language looks wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Best coached team in the NBA against maybe the worst coached team in the NBA. Celts will win the series but neither team will go much further. Real shame that Kyrie and Hayward went down.

I wouldn't be sure that they will. That was the Bucks at far from their best- Snell, Bledsoe and Parker can do a lot more damage than they showed tonight. The Celtics just about squeeked it thanks to some great hustle plays towards the end and in OT. I have a feeling the Bucks take it in 7.

Ballgame.

Meatyfubu wrote: »
    The Cavs win the series but they certainly looked tired most notably LBJ but thats to be expected when playing 22 of 24 mins in first half.

Cavs 5/25 from deep similar to the 76ers last night the Cavs will regress to the mean on that front over the series. Pacers definitely look like they'll nip this one but who knows....

Coast to coast W and they made it look easy.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Coast to coast W and they made it look easy.

Lead was cut to 7 points late on near the start of the 4th, hardly that easy?? Your defence did not keep the Cavs shooting under 40% from the field and under 30% from three. They missed an abundance of open shots.
    They won't miss like that again.

You got a win which is great and deserved it but imo you're crazy to think you'll win the series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,355 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

If there's not a huge reaction in game 2 I'll be massively surprised. LeBron's post game interview exuded calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

One of the pods I regularly listen to (can't remember which one) talked about Game 1 Hot Takes and not to make bets/decisions based on them. Wouldn't be too worried if I was Milwaukee or Cleveland tbh. I'd predict both series are tied 1-1 after Game 2.

Even Houston. Houston pretty much rested the last 10 games whereas Minnesota were fighting fr their lives so were "fight ready". I don't think they'll be caught like that again against Minny.

The Cavs certainly miss Irving. This is going to come down to whether Lebron can have a series of those epic performances where he’s comfortably in the 30’s or even the 40’s. Obviously he’s more than capable of that. 24 points from Lebron definitely isn’t going to cut it for the Cavs. Pacers can beat that all day long.

Like Bill Simmons tweeted, Dipo was the best player on the court against a top 3 all time player. That can all change in a thunderous instant if Lebron does what he’s capable of, but he must have a hell of a series for the Cavs to win this. The rest of the team is too weak.

I remember when everyone was gawking over how awesome those Cavs trades were. Not sure they’re moving the needle a ton. Hill looked like a fossil yesterday.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    The Cavs certainly miss Irving. This is going to come down to whether Lebron can have a series of those epic performances where he’s comfortably in the 30’s or even the 40’s. Obviously he’s more than capable of that. 24 points from Lebron definitely isn’t going to cut it for the Cavs. Pacers can beat that all day long.

Like Bill Simmons tweeted, Dipo was the best player on the court against a top 3 all time player. That can all change in a thunderous instant if Lebron does what he’s capable of, but he must have a hell of a series for the Cavs to win this. The rest of the team is too weak.

I remember when everyone was gawking over how awesome those Cavs trades were. Not sure they’re moving the needle a ton. Hill looked like a fossil yesterday.

He's a huge fan of VO. In fairness to Oladipo he has probably been the best 2 way player in the league this year. I know that's a bit skewed due to Leonard's absence, but still impressive.

You have to expect one of those monster LeBron games in G2 though.

Thats as bad a quarter as the sixers have played this season. Shocking stuff. Serious adjustments need to be made at halftime. Maybe they will need JoJo back after all.

Miami level 1-1 with relative ease. Embiid required to make this interesting....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Vintage warriors tonight. Spurs came out swinging and were doin extremely well but Warriors just upped it a notch and pulled away with relative ease in the end.
    Thompson just shooting lights out, just sensational when he gets going.
    Iggy has been the best player so far for me, running the point a lot, excellent on defensive and knocking down his shot. Looks fresh, I hate when people start going on about his age, the man is in serious shape, you would swear he is 50 and some kind of medical miracle

Portland in serious trouble now.

Boston win again (and Brown hitting 30) to my surprise but you'd have to think Milwaukee can do better.

So, eh, Playoff Rondo does appear to be a genuine thing.

The trail blazers are in a bit of trouble. They lost both games on their home floor and now have two games on the road.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    So, eh, Playoff Rondo does appear to be a genuine thing.

I didn't think so till time Chicago collapsed when he got injured. Then he's had 2 great games.

As a fellow LBJ fanboy what he's doing tonight is a bit ridiculous thus far

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Coach Pop’s wife passed away tonight. Be an emotional game in San Antonio tomorrow

I'm not totally sure as of yet but I think Kevin Love might have done substantial damage to the same hand. It could be a sprain but wouldn't be surprised if he broke his thumb

He put up 46 but Indiana still hung in there. This is definitely a live series now, and I’d say the conference as a whole suddenly looks wide open

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He put up 46 but Indiana still hung in there. This is definitely a live series now, and I’d say the conference as a whole suddenly looks wide open

Yeah I'm reneging a little on my Raptors hate, they haven't put a foot wrong.

Mitchell had a great 4th quarter 13 points with PG13 picking him up for a lot of it.
    Exum defending so well off the bench when Rubio sits. Utah might be my fav team at the min. PG13 had 2 4pt plays last night

Pop’s wife passed away last night after a long illness. Not that the timing could ever be good for that, but it’s awful right now. Wonder will he coach the next 2 games?

Pop’s wife passed away last night after a long illness. Not that the timing could ever be good for that, but it’s awful right now. Wonder will he coach the next 2 games?

Well the next is tonight so that's clearly not happening, and well even though his wife was sick for a while, it'll still come as a shock. I'd be surprised if we see him for the rest of the playoffs(although in the spurs case it might be a short run).

Ettore Messina coaching San An tonight. Excellent coach btw for those of you unfamiliar with him.

Shockingly Embid changes the entire shape of this series. The Heats plan on roughing up the sixers is a lot less effective with a 7ft 3 monster in there but the big deal is that with him Philly have someone they can feed when they need a bucket. Something they really lacked in game two.

Assuming they hold on here they'll really fancy their odds of taking it.

Pelicans putting a BEATING on Portland. Shocked at how one sided this series has been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

As a Blazers fan...

The regular season is better anyway :o

:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement