Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2017-18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Its a really interesting game. Phillys top end guys clearly more talented but Celtics soooo disciplined and just make far better decisions. Consistency of the Celtics is winning out this series.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Its a really interesting game. Phillys top end guys clearly more talented but Celtics soooo disciplined and just make far better decisions. Consistency of the Celtics is winning out this series.

Imagine what they could do if they had there star
    Just wait till Theis comes back :pac:
    I'd love to see a guy like Stevens in Toronto

Phillys plan was to surround the two young guys with shooters... Covington, Reddick and Belinelli are 4 for 24 tonight. That is shocking stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Meatyfubu

irishman86 wrote: »
    Is there any wonder other posters stopped posting in here, its without a doubt the bitchiest thread around :pac: Your a casual fan blah blah blah, what age .............

Apologises for the part I played anyway, retrospectively I should have left it at one reply. I understand how the thread can become easily derailed.

Sixers look a little lost here, Celtics just so well drilled. I'd like to see the Sixers win but Kenny Smith made a good point the other day. If you have a team that's more talented and lose, you've been outcoached and this series looks like an example of that.
    (Obviously match ups etc but the sentiment was pretty spot on I thought)

Meatyfubu wrote: »
    Apologises for the part I played anyway, retrospectively I should have left it at one reply. I understand how the thread can become easily derailed.

Sixers look a little lost here, Celtics just so well drilled. I'd like to see the Sixers win but Kenny Smith made a good point the other day. If you have a team that's more talented and lose, you've been outcoached and this series looks like an example of that.
    (Obviously match ups etc but the sentiment was pretty spot on I thought)

Stevens is the best coach in the league. Brown isn't that. He's not a bad coach but he's not able to cover for the team when they can't hit a shot. Stevens seems to be able to do that.

Hopefully this series doesn't have too much long term impact on the sixers. Future is still very bright. I'd be shocked if they don't make a big play for Kahwi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Philly so sloppy with possession the end of the third, still too close to call.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Stevens is the best coach in the league. Brown isn't that. He's not a bad coach but he's not able to cover for the team when they can't hit a shot. Stevens seems to be able to do that.

Hopefully this series doesn't have too much long term impact on the sixers. Future is still very bright. I'd be shocked if they don't make a big play for Kahwi

I was talking to one of the lads about Leonard and said the same about the sixers
    Fultz and Saric/Covington or what the Lakers would offer in Ingram and probably Hart. Leonard value surely isnt going to be through the roof at this stage

irishman86 wrote: »
    I was talking to one of the lads about Leonard and said the same about the sixers
    Fultz and Saric/Covington or what the Lakers would offer in Ingram and probably Hart. Leonard value surely isnt going to be through the roof at this stage

It probably comes down to the assessment of the quad. He's a max player and demands insane assets if it's fine, they'll be pretty confident like Cavs knew after a few tests IT was worse than expected.

I think the Sixers have far more to offer than the Lakers. I think PG13 should consider them too.

Oh Ben what an awful time to miss an open dunk :(

Meatyfubu wrote: »
    Oh Ben what an awful time to miss an open dunk :(

Unreal.

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/992905608906067971?s=19

Poster on order for Horford as well.

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/992906527274041346?s=19

• Advertisement

Wow.... cannot believe that... insane. How dumb.

What a finish

Even more insane...

Crazy end. It really showed up Phillys lack of a guard who can close a game.
    I'm surprised Covington playing so little towards the end of the 4th

Philly literally throwing this away. So many dumb mistakes. Thats the difference. They have time to learn tho (as in long term)

Philly literally throwing this away. So many dumb mistakes. Thats the difference. They have time to learn tho (as in long term)

Ludicrous unforced errors.

Philly lose cause they're dumb

Philly could have wrapped that game up in regulation, instead they shoot themselves in the foot, reload and take aim at the other foot.

The play Stevens ran for Horford at the end was genius. He's unbelievable. Sixers looked exactly like what they are....young and raw.
    The epitome was when Simmons launched a short semi hook shot off a miss with shot clock off when he should have brought it out.
    It's a pity but can't take it away from the Celtics they're so disciplined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,836 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Philly showed their age tonight, so many unforced errors down the stretch. The Celtics are ridiculously good for a team missing their two best players. Tatum playing like a vet and Al Horford was just perfect tonight.

• Advertisement

Philly showed their age tonight, so many unforced errors down the stretch. The Celtics are ridiculously good for a team missing their two best players. Tatum playing like a vet and Al Horford was just perfect tonight.

In fairness he did very little for 3 quarters but when they needed him he was CLUTCH.

Philly have two tier 1 pieces and they need to focus on that in the offseason. This is the last year they have the cap to go get a 3rd superstar. Needs to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Seeing that confetti come down was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen in sports.

I hope the Sixers are swept now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Missed the phili Celtic game but from the highlights and from what I’ve read it kind of highlights the very best and very worst of both teams
    Worst of Phili is young and raw, best of Celtics is disciplined and great coaching.
    You have to hand it to Stevens, he doesn’t complain about not having his two best players, doesn’t phase him, just next man up, they play hard and stick to the task in hand. It could be a bit of the Celtic culture too, they have a pretty demanding fan base, you don’t give your all, those fans will let you know.

Going into last quarter of Cavs game, Raptors down by around 14. Time for Raptors to leave it all out there and show some real fight, otherwise they should think about moving that franchise to Alaska or somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

LeBron, what a player !!!! Thought Raptors had them there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

LeBron!

I only watched the highlights but what a shot. That turnaround fade away is looking unstoppable at the minute too.

DeRozan benched at the end too which seemed unusual.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Seeing that confetti come down was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen in sports.

I hope the Sixers are swept now.

The guy thought it was a 3... how is that pathetic? You don't think that winning a home playoff game in the 2nd round for a fan base that lived through the process mattered?

They prob will be swept. It doesn't matter long term for them tho. Could be good in a way since this series is showing up the huge flaws in roster construction and in the two star youngsters. Ben seems to have a huge work ethic off the court and has Lebron (oh my good god btw) in his ear. I think he comes back with a 35-40% jump shot next year. If he even has that it changes the entire dynamic of the team.

The one thing Philly need more than anything is some athleticism. Too many stand around and shoot guys. They have literally nobody on the roster who can create their own shot off the dribble. Fultz is supposed to be that guy but who knows whats going to happen there. Will be an interesting off season. You defo feel that this is just part one of Philly vs Boston in the playoffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

The guy thought it was a 3... how is that pathetic? You don't think that winning a home playoff game in the 2nd round for a fan base that lived through the process mattered?

They prob will be swept. It doesn't matter long term for them tho. Could be good in a way since this series is showing up the huge flaws in roster construction and in the two star youngsters. Ben seems to have a huge work ethic off the court and has Lebron (oh my good god btw) in his ear. I think he comes back with a 35-40% jump shot next year. If he even has that it changes the entire dynamic of the team.

The one thing Philly need more than anything is some athleticism. Too many stand around and shoot guys. They have literally nobody on the roster who can create their own shot off the dribble. Fultz is supposed to be that guy but who knows whats going to happen there. Will be an interesting off season. You defo feel that this is just part one of Philly vs Boston in the playoffs.

Celebrating being 2-1 down in a semi final with confetti. They deserve to be swept lol.

It reminds me of when Klopp made his team celebrate a 2-2 draw v West Brom.

C's have better defense and the Sixers are being straight up outcoached. I had my doubts over Brad in the playoffs but he's proved me wrong.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Celebrating being 2-1 down in a semi final with confetti. They deserve to be swept lol.

It reminds me of when Klopp made his team celebrate a 2-2 draw v West Brom.

C's have better defense and the Sixers are being straight up outcoached. I had my doubts over Brad in the playoffs but he's proved me wrong.

Pretty sure Klopp has been vindicated. That was a stunt to try and bring the team and fans who had lost faith in those players together. Its man management. It wasn't about the result at all really.

Had the sixers won last night they would have celebrated as these things mean something in the development of the team. Would I have done it.. nope not at all but I can see why they would. Certainly wouldn't call it pathetic anyway. Playoff wins aren't that easy to come by. And like I said this is all in the shadow of the process.

• Advertisement

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23407708/how-rajon-rondo-became-unlikely-leader-new-orleans-pelicans

Decent piece on Rondo and the Pelicans, even Playoff Rondo gets a mention.
    I hate making unsupported assertions about team chemistry or anything like that but narrative of the article didn't seem to place much emphasis on Cousins involvement with the team.
    I think he leaves as the Pelicans played better without him towards the end of the season.
    Holiday has played great, I think he's taken a bit of a leap since the all star break. Potential outside shout for his 2nd all star next year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement