Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2017-18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,836 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Thought the game was at half 10 for some reason, that first half scoreline is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Thought the game was at half 10 for some reason, that first half scoreline is ridiculous.

Cleveland slogan is "Whatever it takes ( to miss ) ". Celtics up 63 to 37 with 9mins remaining in the 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Vital Transformation

Cavs are 3/19 on 3pt attempts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,727 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Forgot to post this; new Kobe preview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just tuned in as I had other stuff on but wow. It’s not over but Boston should put this away.

Refs even calling LeBron for a travel! :)

• Advertisement

abc are playing Riverdance as background music. Ah shure begorrah for the shamrocks and shenanigans.

As good as Boston are, the Cavs can’t possibly be this bad again.

Also the celtics have not been the same away from home the cavs should win at home also so they need to steal a game. I could see this celtics team dropping a home game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I watched the first quarter and after that I was otherwise engaged but kept up to date with the score. The Celtics haven't lost at home in the playoffs yet.

I heard the commentators say in the game that Marcus Morris claimed to be outside of Kawhi Leonard he's the best player to guard lebron. I mean I was glad to see him having confidence in his abilities.

Heard a lottery tale from Brian Windhorst that I wasn't aware of on the Woj Pod the other day:

Remember that period where Cleveland had 3 No. 1 picks in 4 years (Kyrie, Bennett and Wiggins)? In the year they didn't get the 1 pick, they lost a coin toss to New Orleans for the 1; that pick was Anthony Davis. :eek: There's a lot of what if's attached to that!

Bobby Marks (Nets) was also on. Woj told a story about Bennett where they had projected that if Cleveland didn't pick him at 1 no-one 2-15 had him on their board. So if Cleveland didn't take him, he was going 16 and beyond. Just bizarre. Marks and Windhorst corroborated it. It was bizarre and out of nowhere at the time (Bennett at 1) but it's even more bizarre in hindsight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I heard the commentators say in the game that Marcus Morris claimed to be outside of Kawhi Leonard he's the best player to guard lebron. I mean I was glad to see him having confidence in his abilities.

He played well on LeBron , and I think he had two fouls in the first 2 mins !!

The commentators mentioned a good few times about the celtics size and athleticism. Compared to last year they can swap players on defence way easier.

At the end of the game the Celtics had Baynes, Nader, dancing bear, Monroe and Ojeleye on, the commentators said they had never seen such a physically strong and big line up :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Pathetic from LeBron https://streamable.com/4xm1c

Its amazing he doesn't get called out for this behavior anywhere.

2smiggy wrote: »
    He played well on LeBron , and I think he had two fouls in the first 2 mins !!

The commentators mentioned a good few times about the celtics size and athleticism. Compared to last year they can swap players on defence way easier.

At the end of the game the Celtics had Baynes, Nader, dancing bear, Monroe and Ojeleye on, the commentators said they had never seen such a physically strong and big line up :eek::eek:

It was Mark Jackson who said it. Prone to exaggeration is Mark....and that's an understatement. He's a shockingly bad commentator.

Hazys wrote: »

You can't say anything bad about LeBron on here....:rolleyes:

Leaving aside the complaining, he didn't get back on D in that play - nor many others after misses last night. It's clearly a Boston tactic too to run when he misses as they know they'll have a 5 v 4 or better. Lots of examples of it from last night. I get the energy conservation game he plays, but at some point you have to make some effort.

Felt he called it a night early in the 4th and then sat to conserve energy for Game 2. Pragmatic view I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

A very mediocre start to the conference finals, didnt particularly enjoy the game. How many uncontested layups did Boston get? It was definatly noticable in the first half they were just cutting to the rim with absolutely no resistence. Not sure how or why exactly and I can't bring myself to look back over the game yet.

Surely the last time in the series we see Love start at Center.

The Cavs have had terrible transition defence for at least 2 years now. You would think they would have worked on it considering their likely finals opponent have one of the best transition offences of all time.

Leaving aside the complaining, he didn't get back on D in that play - nor many others after misses last night. It's clearly a Boston tactic too to run when he misses as they know they'll have a 5 v 4 or better. Lots of examples of it from last night. I get the energy conservation game he plays, but at some point you have to make some effort.

Felt he called it a night early in the 4th and then sat to conserve energy for Game 2. Pragmatic view I guess.

It amazingly selfish and petty. I was trying to imagine another prima donna who would act like that and i couldn't. I couldn't even imagine Cristiano Ronaldo doing that and if he did, he would be crucified in the media and by fans but somehow he media is too busy sucking LeBron's dick to ever criticize his constant sh1tty behavior.

Perfect example is this article i chuckled at today: https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/05/13/superhuman-lebron-james-finds-his-kryptonite-as-celtics-take-game-1/

The LeBron and the Cavs get blown out by 25pts but the headline is about "Superhuman" LeBron, so hilariously ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

He's the most called out athlete of my lifetime

He just did!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He just did!

I guess your sarcasm detector is turned off today?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He's the most called out athlete of my lifetime

By who? Not trying to be smart but who in the media other than the contrarian Skip Bayless actually criticizes LeBron?

By who? Not trying to be smart but who in the media other than the contrarian Skip Bayless actually criticizes LeBron?

I'm not media by any means, but for what it's worth:
    • Every time I say anything negative about LBJ on here I get multiple replies saying I'm a hater
    • When I say I'd make the same call regardless of who the player is, I'm told I'm lying
    • When I say he gets superstar calls, and more of them than anyone else, I'm told superstar calls don't exist
    • I've been told I have an irrational hatred for LBJ many times - despite repeatedly saying that despite his many flaws, he's still the best individual player on the planet
    I could go on......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

In other non lebron related news, Warriors pretty much took control of series last night, Houston spent all year obsessing over no 1 seed and Warriors took it back in 48 mins.
    Houston came out swinging and looked good but didn’t rattle the Warriors, they just have too many weapons
    Early days but hard to see Warriors losing this, they look locked in and very confident, I expect a few technicals in the next game

• Advertisement

In other non lebron related news, Warriors pretty much took control of series last night, Houston spent all year obsessing over no 1 seed and Warriors took it back in 48 mins.
    Houston came out swinging and looked good but didn’t rattle the Warriors, they just have too many weapons
    Early days but hard to see Warriors losing this, they look locked in and very confident, I expect a few technicals in the next game

Watched the full game just now.

Too easy. They picked on Harden defensively (Curry 7/9 in the paint and most of those against Harden). Attitude seems to be let him get whatever and see if the rest of the Rockets can beat you. I did think home advantage and Curry not at 100% might have given them a fighting chance, don’t think they have that now tbh. I could now see this being a sweep or a 4-1 (barring injuries or suspensions), something unimaginable a few weeks ago. They just have too many options. KD was very good, as was Klay in spurts - you’d have to question a defense that allows a guy like that to be as wide open as he was repeatedly.

I’d agree we could see some techs alright, some chippiness there at times.

Debating whether to stay up/get up for the Boston game. So tired I don’t think I’d manage, but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Always expected the Warriors to win but now I'm not sure if they will even drop a game. Kerr seems to be going all in on the Death/Hamptons lineup, not sure I've ever seen so much of it in 1 game (looked like 30+ mins but I'm not able to check it right now). The Rockets had no way to match up against it and seemed to be just hoping Capela could bully Draymond.

Houston played well in fairness, they are going to have to get verry hot to take down the Warriors in game 2 or its over already though. Harden and Paul have really carried their regular season form into the playoffs this year which is good to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,727 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

New Celtics fans going to encounter Game 6 LeBron, count on it.

b3c2138428ed98dd1666c06333bd2b28.jpg

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    New Celtics fans going to encounter Game 6 LeBron, count on it.

b3c2138428ed98dd1666c06333bd2b28.jpg

Does it really matter? Whoever wins the East is getting their asses kicked in the Finals. And I say that as a Boston fan.

Suns get the #1 in the lottery.

Well LeBron is having one of those nights with 21 in the first quarter. They’re only up 4 though, which has to be worrying. Anyway, going to bed. I’ll watch the rest of it tomorrow.

Can’t sleep so just following it on my phone. Boston up 11 with 10:41 left in the game. Cavs in big trouble if they lose this.

Solid victory for the Celtics

Cavs in big trouble, came out strong and gave it their best shot and the C's stuffed them...very demoralizing from a Cavs perspective. Cavs players looked like they've given up.

Cavs have to win 4 out of 5 now. Not impossible but can’t see it happening tbh. Will have to watch the full game later today as I only watched the first quarter but Boston took control in the 3rd and didn’t look back (based solely on the play by play).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Was watching the game in spurts, LeBron looked unstoppable in the first but Cavs pretty much abandoned defense in the second half
    You would have to question some of the Cavs effort at times in the second half, pretty pathetic.
    Van Gundy summed them up well, he said something like
    The Cavs players roll their eyes more than a couple in a bad marriage

It’s true, lebron doesn’t like a call on offense and he makes no effort back, player gets a bad pass or something and it’s a massive role of the eyes or hand gesture, just bad vibes

JR Smith’s push was pretty sneaky, I loved some of the Boston’s players reaction, they won’t be pushed around. Imagine Draymond made that foul, he would be sent straight to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200, Alcatraz would be re opened for him

It’s

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement