Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled eir...

Options
  • 17-10-2017 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi, I cancelled my eir account a couple of weeks ago as they sent a letter saying they were increasing the price of my tariff. On this letter it clearly stated that I would not be charged any penalties for cancelling before my contract was up. But today I received an email saying my final bill is approximately €280! How can this be when I paid my month in advance bill the day after I cancelled! I am unable to view the bill to see what the charges are for as my account has now ceased. Could someone please look into this for me as it is not correct and I have cancelled the direct debit to eir just in case they decide to take it anyway.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Flossy15 wrote: »
    Hi, I cancelled my eir account a couple of weeks ago as they sent a letter saying they were increasing the price of my tariff. On this letter it clearly stated that I would not be charged any penalties for cancelling before my contract was up. But today I received an email saying my final bill is approximately €280! How can this be when I paid my month in advance bill the day after I cancelled! I am unable to view the bill to see what the charges are for as my account has now ceased. Could someone please look into this for me as it is not correct and I have cancelled the direct debit to eir just in case they decide to take it anyway.
    Thanks in advance
    Hi Flossy15, 

Thanks for contacting us today. 

I'm very sorry to hear this, you shouldn't have been charged this if you cancelled within the leadtime. Feel free to PM me your account number and full name on the account and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement