Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't wash running band or destroy velcro?

Options
  • 17-10-2017 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I have gone through many running bands, but the latest one I bought is a perfect fit for my phone and I have been very happy with it. Unfortunately it stinks of, well me, after a just a few days running or using it at the gym.

I resisted washing it for the first few weeks, but after I had enough of the smell that can only be described as resembling vinegar, I put it in a tied up sock and washed it at 40 degrees with clothes.

This removed the smell, but it seems it has also destoryed the velcro, as it regularly comes off my arm.

Have any of you encountered the same issue? I was thinking I could maybe attach my own velcro to it with glue? I have good glue, but am not sure where I could buy velcro around Dublin? Also, I may just encounter the same problem after more washes...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

don't know about repairing that one, but I usually throw things like that in the shower with me, rather than the washing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You could have just soaked it in the sink for some hours with non bio cleaner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

RayCun wrote: »
    don't know about repairing that one, but I usually throw things like that in the shower with me, rather than the washing machine.

Thought that was just me. For anything that doesn't lend itself to machine washing too well I just dump it onto the floor, mash it a bit with my feet while I'm washing myself and rinse it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭kookiebrew

You can get Velcro strips in most supermarkets. Got some in Tescos last year which I sewed onto my short pockets to stop things falling out. Used to use jelly sweets for races and would lose more than I'd eat and it worked fine for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Any shop which sells sewing supplies will sell Velcro. In Dublin, theres Hickeys in Carrickmines, and Henry St and VW Trimmings in Capel Street .

Google haberdashery to find the rest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement