Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My card was used fraudulently - Large transaction was allowed to be processed.

Options
  • 17-10-2017 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Sept 10th 2017 – Received text from BOI credit card telling me I’d two fraudulent transactions on my credit card.
    I rang the credit card team and told them which transactions were not mine (Apple online store and camping boots). The team blocked told me they have blocked my card and the transactions and also told me an investigation will be started. I was told from colleagues that the investigation team never ring back.

Oct 6th 2017 – I found my card was maxed out. I found that on Oct 04th 2017 the Apple transaction (€1029) was allowed to go through on my card. I immediately rang the credit card team and was told that the card would be blocked and further investigation would be conducted. I was also told that someone would ring me on Monday 9th Oct 2017 (No one did). I waited until Tuesday to ring to see what the issue was.

Oct 7th 2017 – I rang BOI credit card team to get an update and ask for my card to be unblocked. I told them that I was concerned I’d have to pay the Apple transaction if the investigation is too long.  

Oct 12th 2017 – I was charged €7.50 over limit fee even though I asked for this transaction to be blocked.

Oct 17th (Today)
    - As of yet I’ve had no contact from the credit card team.
    - I’ve been charged for going over my limit even though I asked for the transaction to be blocked.

- I’m stressed that I’ll have to cover this transaction on my next direct debit. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi hanloj1, thanks for getting in touch and I'm very sorry to hear about this.

I'm going to follow up on this here for you. Please can I ask you to click the link in my signature to send me a PM with your full name and a contact phone number?

Apologies again, thanks.
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭hanloj1

I'm going to follow up on this here for you. Please can I ask you to click the link in my signature to send me a PM with your full name and a contact phone number?

Apologies again, thanks.
    Nicola

Hi Nicola

Did you receive my message yesterday? I just got my latest credit card statement and the Apple transaction is still present.

Regards
    Jonathan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

hanloj1 wrote: »

Apologies again, thanks.
    Nicola

Hi Nicola

Did you receive my message yesterday? I just got my latest credit card statement and the Apple transaction is still present.

Regards
    Jonathan
    Hi Jonathan, 

We didn't receive a PM from you to our Bank of Ireland reps. We will send you one now that you can reply to. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭hanloj1

Hi Sarah

I didn't receive your PM and I'm getting an error when I try send you one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi hanloj1,

I've sent you a PM now, can you please check for this in your inbox.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement