Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maribor Vs Liverpool - 19:45 - TV3/BT Sport

• 17-10-2017 12:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

You would have to imagine that anything less than 3 points would be hugely damaging for Liverpool's hopes of a 6th Champions League.

Mane is out but Karius will probably start - all eyes on him. Sturridge might get a run out. Ox will be along at some point to do something.

Prediction: A Liverpool win or a draw. Or a Maribor win. Dunno really.

Tbh, I don't even know why I started the thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If we don't win, i will puke with rage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,631 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Vicxas wrote: »

We will , comfortably. (:o)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I've not forgiven Maribor since they knocked me out of a Champions League qualifier on Football Manager with Huddersfield, 15 years ago, after I took a 1-0 away win home for the second leg.

Drive it on lads, for 'uddersfield and me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Match Facts
    This will be the first competitive encounter between Maribor and Liverpool.

Maribor have won only one of their eight games against English opposition in all competitions (D2 L5) - a 2-1 win against Wigan Athletic in the 2013-14 Europa League group stages. They have never kept a clean sheet in those matches.

Liverpool's only previous encounter with a Slovenian club came in the first round of the 2003-04 Uefa Cup. They drew 1-1 away against Olimpija Ljubljana before a 3-0 win at Anfield.

Maribor have won only one of their 14 games in the Champions League group stages (D5 L8) - their first in September 1999 against Dynamo Kiev (1-0). They have never scored more than once in those 14 games.

Maribor are winless at home in the Champions League group stages (D3 L4). They are the only team yet to pick up a card in this season's Champions League.

Maribor are making their third appearance in the Champions League after 1999-00 and 2014-15 but have never reached the knockout stages.

This is Liverpool's 10th Champions League campaign, and only their second appearance in the group stages in the past eight seasons. They haven't reached the knockout stages of the competition since 2008-09.

Liverpool have failed to win their past seven Champions League games (D4 L3), their longest ever run without a victory in the competition.

They have also failed to keep a clean sheet in their past nine CL games.

Liverpool have only won one of their past eight away games in the Champions League (D4 L3) - against Debrecen in November 2009 (1-0).

All three of Liverpool's goals in this season's Champions League have been scored in the first half. Liverpool have had 29 more shots than their opponents over their first two games this season (17 v Sevilla, 12 v Spartak) but are so far winless (D2).

Liverpool have already conceded three goals from only four shots on target faced this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

razorblunt wrote: »
    I've not forgiven Maribor since they knocked me out of a Champions League qualifier on Football Manager with Huddersfield, 15 years ago, after I took a 1-0 away win home for the second leg.

Drive it on lads, for 'uddersfield and me!

Never mind Huddersfield they beat Derry City many moons ago

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »

If you don't win, I will laugh out loud :D

Not going to happen tho surely. Maribor are probably considered one of the weakest teams in the CL this year in it's entirety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    If you don't win, I will laugh out loud :D

Not going to happen tho surely. Maribor are probably considered one of the weakest teams in the CL this year in it's entirety.

But will they play fair or keep 10 men behind the ball and frustrate Liverpool. If Liverpool score early then it's game over.The longer it stays scoreless or Maribor go in front then it could be a frustrating night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Match Facts
    This will be the first competitive encounter between Maribor and Liverpool.

Maribor have won only one of their eight games against English opposition in all competitions (D2 L5) - a 2-1 win against Wigan Athletic in the 2013-14 Europa League group stages. They have never kept a clean sheet in those matches.

Liverpool's only previous encounter with a Slovenian club came in the first round of the 2003-04 Uefa Cup. They drew 1-1 away against Olimpija Ljubljana before a 3-0 win at Anfield.

Maribor have won only one of their 14 games in the Champions League group stages (D5 L8) - their first in September 1999 against Dynamo Kiev (1-0). They have never scored more than once in those 14 games.

Maribor are winless at home in the Champions League group stages (D3 L4). They are the only team yet to pick up a card in this season's Champions League.

Maribor are making their third appearance in the Champions League after 1999-00 and 2014-15 but have never reached the knockout stages.

This is Liverpool's 10th Champions League campaign, and only their second appearance in the group stages in the past eight seasons. They haven't reached the knockout stages of the competition since 2008-09.

Liverpool have failed to win their past seven Champions League games (D4 L3), their longest ever run without a victory in the competition.

They have also failed to keep a clean sheet in their past nine CL games.

Liverpool have only won one of their past eight away games in the Champions League (D4 L3) - against Debrecen in November 2009 (1-0).

All three of Liverpool's goals in this season's Champions League have been scored in the first half. Liverpool have had 29 more shots than their opponents over their first two games this season (17 v Sevilla, 12 v Spartak) but are so far winless (D2).

Liverpool have already conceded three goals from only four shots on target faced this season.

giphy.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'll happily take a mirror of the u19 result from earlier. Goalie make a terrible mistake (likely) to give away a goal after dominating, but then go on to win 1-4.

A draw won't be terrible in the quest to qualify as Moscow are awful, but it would be great to poor result. Thus should be 6 points gained in the next 2 game, but we should have won the first 2 games as well, so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Not a dig at Liverpool fans here - but how is Spurs V Madrid not the live game tonight???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Not a dig at Liverpool fans here - but how is Spurs V Madrid not the live game tonight???

Viewer ratings, but yeah I agree Spurs v Real Madrid is a bigger game by far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The return leg is on a Wednesday so it'll interesting to see what RTE do

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

TheDoctor wrote:

Even more so City vs Napoli. Tbh even though they showed Dortmund vs Real last time out I can see why they show United & Liverpool games when they can.

Liverpool: Karius; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Lovren, Moreno; Milner, Wijnaldum, Can; Salah, Coutinho, Firmino

Substitutes: Mignolet, Klavan, Gomez, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Solanke, Sturridge

Milner, Can and Wij ........ mmmmm ........ potentially terrible but against this crowd shouldn't matter :)

I think Milner is going to be in there to add some stability and quick passes. That Hendo is on the bench and Jimmy on the pitch is going to prompt a few in game comparisons I expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Pleased Milner gets a start.
    Hoping for a controlled showing similar to the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The return leg is on a Wednesday so it'll interesting to see what RTE do

Won't care myself as I'll be in Anfield :pac:

Should be winning this comfortably....all about taking that first chance we get and settling our nerves. We're trying to nearly walk the ball in these days as confidence is low on shooting as nothing is going in.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ERG89 wrote: »
    Even more so City vs Napoli. Tbh even though they showed Dortmund vs Real last time out I can see why they show United & Liverpool games when they can.

Ya, if I didn't support any team playing tonight I'd watch City Napoli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

#LFC line up tonight: Karius; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Lovren, Moreno; Milner, Wijnaldum, Can; Salah, Firmino, Coutinho

https://twitter.com/jamespearceecho/status/920340960126623745

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Wonder if Liverpool can keep a clean sheet tonight.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    Wonder if Liverpool can keep a clean sheet tonight.

You'd hope to, it's tough to quantify where the opposition would be in the English leagues but they'd I'm thinking League 1 ish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Predicted time of first "Ah Jaysus Salah my granny would have scored that" : 7th minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Fortunately for minnows Maribor, they would have seen the 3rd most expensive football team ever assembled show them how to approach this game tactically at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Liverpool have been muck recently, so not confident at all about tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

No Henderson. Starting a game with 11 players for once.

Should brush these aside now.

Wijnaldum to score a screamer in Dutch Orange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

nice slow passing around. bit of zip wouldnt hurt lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Christ on tv3 the Liverpool jerseys look like glow worms. Blinding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

No 1 from Liverpool will get lost tonight

• Advertisement

Phew an early goal.

That's how to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

emo72 wrote: »
    nice slow passing around. bit of zip wouldnt hurt lads.

but yeah, nice slow goal too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

and boom it starts

HOPEFULLY

thank feck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

That Liverpool jersey is shocking

• Advertisement

Interesting camera position for the replay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Right...

Park the bus.

shamrock55 wrote: »

It's not as bad as in reality as it looks on TV3 now. Far too bright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

shamrock55 wrote: »

Is it some day glo colour? Hard to tell watching it in SD on TV3.

:confused:

Could score a hat-full here.

There defence looks very poor which probably means we'll sign their centre backs in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Something is going the get broken if we concede a soft goal tonight..

murpho999 wrote: »
    It's not as bad as in reality as it looks on TV3 now. Far too bright.

Yea it looks totally different in reality,looks luminous pink on telly nstead of orange,anyway if we win in it who cares

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Is it some day glo colour? Hard to tell watching it in SD on TV3.

:confused:

I'm watching in HD and it's still like a bright neon gloworm thing

Hey Yo

That's why you play Milner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Honestly lads, think we're going to win Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Four away games in a row Coutinho has now scored in. He's like the anti-Wijnaldum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Milner. Massive difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

That's why you play Milner.

And that's why you Milner

I know it's on 14 minutes and against a weak team but the midfield without Henderson looks so much better with Milner in it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement