Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maribor Vs Liverpool - 19:45 - TV3/BT Sport

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

4-0. Can't help feeling though, it will make up for the goal we will probably eventually concede. Still not longing great at the back/counter attack at times.

DS15 might be able to get his stats back on track if he gets a run out in the second half.

winning a game comfortably and that's your thoughts :)
    Noice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Should take Salah and Coutinho off at half time. They have travelled a lot the last 2 weeks and no point risking them with Spurs to play on Sunday.
    Get Solanke and the Ox on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

3 changes at half time please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'd be taking some of the front lads off, this pitch is a mess and the last thing we want is another injury. Get Ox and Solanke on, Sturridge maybe but again he'd have a lovely time hurting himself on that grass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

leave mo on,hes rippin them to bits,could set up a couple for solanke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Naby Keita:
    41/45 passes
    2/3 take ons
    3 interceptions
    9 recoveries
    1 block

Looking forward to seeing him in a Pool shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Salah and coutinho off at ht please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

murpho999 wrote: »
    If we need a leader then it is down to individuals?

Lovren is a liability who I do not trust one bit. Moreno not far behind.

With a good leader it allows for some averageness to be on the pitch. A good leader will keep his team mates alert. Think Carras argument with Arbeloa. Carra made sure nobody at the back got complacent. See tonight as an example. Our defence are starting to relax becuase they know the game is won. The problem is we are one stupid goal away from this becoming a debate about our defence again.

I made the point in the superthread that against big teams our defence plays brilliantly and rarely concedes (City game aside of course). Its because for the whole game the defence are alert. They dont get a second to "relax".

I feel this is Klopps mentality and his reasoning for not thinking our defenders are that bad. Obviously he keeps talking about switching off so none of what I am saying here is some genius analysis of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was a great ball across the 6 yard box for the 4th by Moreno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Scoring four in a half, no matter how shít the opposition, can only help confidence.

Get Coutinho and Salah off the field.
    Ox and Sturridge/Solanke on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mr.H wrote: »
    With a good leader it allows for some averageness to be on the pitch. A good leader will keep his team mates alert. Think Carras argument with Arbeloa. Carra made sure nobody at the back got complacent. See tonight as an example. Our defence are starting to relax becuase they know the game is won. The problem is we are one stupid goal away from this becoming a debate about our defence again.

I made the point in the superthread that against big teams our defence plays brilliantly and rarely concedes (City game aside of course). Its because for the whole game the defence are alert. They dont get a second to "relax".

I couldn't agree more. Spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

That was a great ball across the 6 yard box for the 4th by Moreno.

Moreno has been grand since klopp has brought him back in from the cold. Dont think he is good enough long term but he has improved drastically this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Great opportunity for ox and Sturbridge to build their confidence if they get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I wonder if Besiktas are hoping Liverpool don't ease up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

We'd all like to see 8 or 10 goals now,but let's just get some subs on now please,we have hear points in the bag

I feel this is Klopps mentality and his reasoning for not thinking our defenders are that bad. Obviously he keeps talking about switching off so none of what I am saying here is some genius analysis of the game.

Yeah, but at this level part of being a good defender is not switching off. It's an inherent requirement and the lads we have have proven consistently they switch off far too often.

We still won't score from a corner though,in all seriousness we must have the worst corner conversion rate in world football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Fair points and well put.

Still think we can improve on what we have though. Players at this level should not have concentration issues.

Especially when they have been caught out before, they should have learnt from their mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I wonder if Besiktas are hoping Liverpool don't ease up.

And Malmo. Real Madrid hit them for 8 too.

Both Liverpool and Madrid were managed at the time by that defensive manager Benitez!! :)

Yeah, but at this level part of being a good defender is not switching off. It's an inherent requirement and the lads we have have proven consistently they switch off far too often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Another high boot lol against Liverpool going unpunished

We are actually being very wastefull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wiji is never going to score an away goal - ever.

200w.gif

Mmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Too much sympathy from the ref, clear penalty there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

shamrock55 wrote: »
    We still won't score from a corner though,in all seriousness we must have the worst corner conversion rate in world football

4-0 up and you're complaining about corners. Typical.

We are actually being very wastefull

Tends to happen when 4-0 up.

Augeo wrote: »

Its true. I kinda think of it like the teacher leaving the classroom or the boss leaving the office. When nobody is in charge you just get chaos.

I wont argue the fact we need to improve. I am also not saying things are fine and we dont need to fix anything. My theory is merely trying to make reason out of why Klopps doesnt think its as big an issue as everyone else.

We need to purchase a leader (doesnt have to be our new captain). They also do not necessarily need to be a center back as far as I am concerned. But if they are a center back or commanding center mid I'll be happy.

Dont get me wrong Id be delighted if we replaced the whole back 5 (keeper as well) but realistically Klopop doesn't seem to want to.

• Advertisement

Over 6.5 goals is 4/5 and over 7.5 is 5/2 that's printing money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

But ox is on and everyone knows he is a bad omen.

I don't gamble so how does this .5 goal thing work?

martyos121 wrote: »
    4-0 up and you're complaining about corners. Typical.

Not talking about just tonight though,we are shockingly bad at corners and have been for a few years now

I wont argue the fact we need to improve. I am also not saying things are fine and we dont need to fix anything. My theory is merely trying to make reason out of why Klopps doesnt think its as big an issue as everyone else..............

He was willing to buy Virgil for £60m or something, that's indicative he reckons our defence is a big issue IMO :)

Moscow beating sevilla

Not talking about just tonight though,we are shockingly bad at corners and have been for a few years now

Our corners have been poor since Rafa

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't gamble so how does this .5 goal thing work?

Basically over 6.5 is over 6 goals , over 7.5 is over 7 and so on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Why not say 7 goals or more, or 8 or more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Milner improves our midfield - but not sure you should judge anything from this.

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    He was willing to buy Virgil for £60m or something, that's indicative he reckons our defence is a big issue IMO :)

He also praised how good Virgil is at reading the game which stems into what I am saying.

If he just thought it was our defence he would have signed someone. He wanted VVD not just because he is a good defender. There was loads of good defenders available this summer.

So what's the half for?

Are you so critical of Liverpool's play that you only count some goals as half?

rizzodun wrote: »

Dunno it's just bookie speak,I don't make the rules

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Is it just me, or does Klopp always seem to take players off who score 2 goals? Who was the last player to get a hattrick for us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Ox or Solanke could do with a confidence run.

rizzodun wrote: »

Because you cant get .5 of a goal so it obviously means you have to get 1 more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Solanke for Coutinho now surely makes sense

Game has died a bit now

Well Salah and Firmino look to have got .5 of a goal each tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ricero wrote: »
    Game has died a bit now

Always going to happen. Save the legs for Sunday and all that.

Advertisement