Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting our customers affected by storm Ophelia

Options
  • 17-10-2017 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

We've set up a dedicated storm Ophelia helpline ph: 1800 365 100 this line is open from 8am to midnight every day this week.

If you need to make a Bank of Ireland home insurance claim, just contact us on ph: 1890 608 608.

If you need to protect your home, call our 24 hour helpline on ph: 1850 213 111 and we'll provide you with a contact number for an approved tradesman to assist you.

In addition to this we've launched a customer care programme which includes financial support for affected customers, including:

- Emergency overdrafts
    - Mortgage moratoriums
    - Flexible credit card repayments
    - A fund to lend to affected business & personal customers at preferential rates

Please note that any unpaid direct debit charges from the 16th and 17th of October will be reimbursed to customers.

We're here to help and support our customers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eastcork75

I contacted Bank of  Ireland Home Insurance this morning to make a claim regarding a fence destroyed by Storm Ophelia. I was told my policy doesn't cover damage to gates and fences. I checked my policy document and this was correct. I would like to know what the rationale behind this is: why items most likely to suffer storm damage are not covered by storm damage insurance? It seems a very unusual exclusion and the only conclusion I can come to is that the company wishes to reduce it's exposure to the most common damages likely to befall their customers. This is extremely frustrating.

I would also like to know if the company plans to pass on the costs of Storm Ophelia to their beleaguered customers in the form of higher premia next year? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Eastcork75 wrote: »
    I contacted Bank of  Ireland Home Insurance this morning to make a claim regarding a fence destroyed by Storm Ophelia. I was told my policy doesn't cover damage to gates and fences. I checked my policy document and this was correct. I would like to know what the rationale behind this is: why items most likely to suffer storm damage are not covered by storm damage insurance? It seems a very unusual exclusion and the only conclusion I can come to is that the company wishes to reduce it's exposure to the most common damages likely to befall their customers. This is extremely frustrating.

I would also like to know if the company plans to pass on the costs of Storm Ophelia to their beleaguered customers in the form of higher premia next year? 
    Hi Eastcork75, 

We have responded to your private message that you sent us in relation to this. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 25 satyrios

Please note that any unpaid direct debit charges from the 16th and 17th of October will be reimbursed to customers.

What's the timeframe on this? I received a text about this on the 19th about an unpaid debit on the 16th, but it hasn't yet been reimbursed (as of 5 minutes ago, the 24th).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

satyrios wrote: »

What's the timeframe on this? I received a text about this on the 19th about an unpaid debit on the 16th, but it hasn't yet been reimbursed (as of 5 minutes ago, the 24th).

Hi satyrios,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

You should receive the refund for this charge within five to seven working days of receiving the text message.

I hope this is some help and thanks again for your message.
    Darren.

You should receive the refund for this charge within five to seven working days of receiving the text message.
    OK, as of this morning, it still hasn't gone through. Now what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

OK, as of this morning, it still hasn't gone through. Now what?
    Hi satyrios,

Thanks for getting back to us here.

It can take between five to seven working days from when you received the text message. As today is the sixth working day from you receiving this text message I'd ask you to wait until Tuesday.
    If you don't receive the refund at this point please let us know here.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

... I'd ask you to wait until Tuesday.

Hi Darren, it's still not sorted as of this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

... I'd ask you to wait until Tuesday.

Hi Darren, it's still not sorted as of this morning.
    Hi satyrios, 

We've just clarified this and an unpaid fee for a direct debit on the 16th October should be refunded by today. If by close of business today you don't see this refund back to your account, please send a message through the Ask a Question option on the Service Desk and an advisor will look into this for you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement