Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phishing calls from Liberia

Options
  • 17-10-2017 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭

Anyhow here's the number...
    +231 33 041 2642
    Didn't answer
    Have I missed an opportunity to earn millions and help out a king in trouble?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Similar posts appearing on other "talk to" communications companies on here.  Seems that if you call the number back, you get put on hold which ends up costing you a fortune as it's a premium number you are calling.

Don't answer and don't ring back.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I missed a call about half an hour ago from the same crowd. 3 instead of 2 at the end though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Got a +212 call today from Morocco, must be doing the rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Same, I received a call from +212 626-380444 yesterday evening. I declined the call as I'd heard of this doing the rounds. How do 'they' even get your number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Anyhow here's the number...
    +231 33 041 2642
    Didn't answer
    Have I missed an opportunity to earn millions and help out a king in trouble?
    Hi evolving_doors,

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know about the scam calls that you're receiving. I have passed this information on tot he relevant department. You can view more information on scam calls/emails online here: http://support.eir.ie/article/phishingalert.

- Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Had a missed call from the Comoros Islands earlier as well

Sorry cant put up the number I deleted it straight away

Saw the number on a comment on thejournal.ie

00 269 9002051

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Yep, had one this morning from +231 33 041 2645

Fuppin Baxtards :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Here's my number from Comoros +2699002185 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Why can't phone operators block these numbers.

Quite easy when one operator has same number calling hundreads maybe even thousands of their customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Why can't phone operators block these numbers.

Quite easy when one operator has same number calling hundreads maybe even thousands of their customers.
    They can block individual numbers but can't block entire countries. Problem is once a number is blocked,  they just use another. 

Only way to stop it is to publicise it and make sure people don't call back. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

CeilingFly wrote: »
    They can block individual numbers but can't block entire countries. Problem is once a number is blocked,  they just use another. 

Only way to stop it is to publicise it and make sure people don't call back. 

Issue is they aren't blocking them.

Quite simple really.... Call comes through to many customers do a check and block if dodgy.... Keep doing this.

Wonder is there a way it could be done in reverse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Canadian number Comoros number and an Austrian number all rang this week number of times hmmm

I also got a UK number 070 which looks dead dodgy https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/consumers-warned-about-070-missed-call-scam

Advertisement