Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any flights from NOC or SNN to Germany, summer 2018?

• 17-10-2017 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,766 ✭✭✭✭

It looks like there aren't any, but maybe somebody knows more than me?

Any flights from NOC or SNN to anywhere in Germany?

Thanks.

Or is there any website that will search all connections from NOC to Germany via UK?

I mean like search FR, EI, Flybe, etc., to UK and onward connections to Germany.

Is SkyScanner the best bet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭VG31

Lufthansa fly direct to Frankfurt from Shannon on Saturdays during the summer.

British Airways also offer connections from Shannon to Germany but they are extremely expensive.

Flybe offer Knock to Düsseldorf via Manchester on their site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

There's flights from Shannon to Berlin with Ryanair it seems .

and yes, skyscanner does seem to be the best for investigating connecting flights, although it doesnt always show up potential connections on 2 tickets say via Manchester or Stanstead.

Easy jet have a reasonable amount of flights from the UK (manchester, scotland, Stansted ) to Germany so opening one browser window with Knock-UK (i.e. a specific airport) options, and another with UK-Germany might have to be done to show up any missing connections not found by skyscanner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭VG31

There's flights from Shannon to Berlin with Ryanair it seems .

That's no longer operating from the end of this month. Kerry to SXF is starting instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,766 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Thanks everybody.

Thinking of going to Legoland in Bavaria with family, then travel to Nurnberg.

NOC is near us, SNN being fairly near, and a smaller airport also handy.

I want to try to avoid DUB but it seems impossible.

If NOC - UK - Nurnberg was possible I'd be interested.

Otherwise it looks like:

DUB-FRA with Aer Lingus and train from FRA airport station

DUB-MEM with Ryanair, MEM is a small airport, so easy with kids. MEM is close to Legoland.

I think Ryanair are now flying DUB-MUC also.

Thanks, I'll keep looking.

I see that there are Ryanair flights from DUB-Stuttgart, this is closer to Legoland than FRA.

But Stuttgart involves an S-bahn to the Hbf, whereas FRA has its own IC station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

Geuze wrote: »
    Thanks everybody.

Thinking of going to Legoland in Bavaria with family, then travel to Nurnberg.

NOC is near us, SNN being fairly near, and a smaller airport also handy.

I want to try to avoid DUB but it seems impossible.

If NOC - UK - Nurnberg was possible I'd be interested.

Otherwise it looks like:

DUB-FRA with Aer Lingus and train from FRA airport station

DUB-MEM with Ryanair, MEM is a small airport, so easy with kids. MEM is close to Legoland.

I think Ryanair are now flying DUB-MUC also.

Thanks, I'll keep looking.

I flew from Cork - Stansted - Nürnberg last summer with Ryanair on each leg of the journey and it worked out great. Perhaps another option to look into if you really want to avoid Dublin.
    On another note, Nürnberg is absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks.

Based north of NOC, so Cork is not an option, too far to drive.

Catch-22: don't want to go to DUB, yet DUB offers by far the most flights, so must go to DUB...........

Advertisement