Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fan fiction

• 17-10-2017 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Don't know if im just venting or needing advice

Yesterday I caught my 12yr daughter reading what I thought was some fiction that she likes to read. As she put the tablet to her chest as i walked behind her I had a feeling that she was reading something that she didn't want me to see. Well I was right. I couldn't believe what i was reading, it was explicit description of sex. Apparently it is fan fiction which it is a story about a boy band and their antics in the bedroom between themselves. Now im no prude but i thought that this kind of stuff is totally inappropriate for a 12yr old. I haven't a clue what to do about it. I have taken all her electronics from her, but all i could say to her was why? And she said she didn't know. I have told her a million times to come talk to me about anything and she does, all the time, but obviously not about this. I've told her that we will talk again this evening about it but im stumped. How do i even approach it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's just one of these things that happen in my experience with kids that age. I know when I was that age they were a lot of pron stories/pictures etc doing the rounds.You just to monitor her content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Village Crazy Lady

Thanks for the reply. Yes i remember videos and magazines doing the rounds when i was her age but she has always been a goody two shoes so I was just taken aback by this. She has since told me that she was curious which i said is totally natural but that she needs to talk to me about these things she has promised not to do it again and im sure she won't as i have told her i will be checking her electronics randomly from now on 😀

Advertisement