Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric shower low pressure

• 17-10-2017 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭

I've got a triton T100e shower. When I turn it on I get a low pressure light and it turns itself off after 5 seconds with a blinking low pressure light. I've cleaned both intake and out filters.
    Was just going to buy a new unit, but, I accidentally turned on the isolator without putting the cover on. The unit started running and pumping cold water.

Could that indicate where the problem is or does anyone have any trouble shooting tips?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I find your post hard to follow. It's a mains fed shower so I'm assuming that it's not actually pumping?

Low flow light means not enough pressure or flow. If it's just happening today then it could be due to the storm. There's very poor pressure in some areas today

Bad news is that it is obsolete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I find your post hard to follow. It's a mains fed shower so I'm assuming that it's not actually pumping?

Low flow light means not enough pressure or flow. If it's just happening today then it could be due to the storm. There's very poor pressure in some areas today

Bad news is that it is obsolete.

Yea it's not very clear, shower is not used very often. We turned it on for the first time in two years and it's not working. Water comes out for a few seconds and then stops, low pressure light comes on. Tap that comes off the same feed has good pressure on it. So I think the pressure is fine.
    I took it apart, cleaned the two filters but problem remains.
    I took the cover off, turned on the isolator switch and the unit came on, water was being pumped through, but cold. I was just wondering if that meant something regarding the troubleshooting? Maybe indicate what part I should replace.

Hope that's a bit clearer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The water won't heat up if you don't have enough pressure. If low flow light is still on then you won't get hot water

Advertisement