Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to buy a good kitchen

• 17-10-2017 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

Any ideas? it is for a house in Dublin... Would like to get a good one, maybe pure wood.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭Homer

We literally just completed the kitchen in our new house. We went with Tierney kitchens and found them fantastic from start to finish.

F32_E083_B_DB91_449_D_85_BE_5_A8_FBC32_B28_A.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

We got our kitchen done by Christoff. Can't recommend them enough!

http://www.christoff.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

How big? Have you floor plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

its only a small kitchen for an ex corporation house, we want a decent new one though, something that will last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

ace_irl wrote: »
    We got our kitchen done by Christoff. Can't recommend them enough!

http://www.christoff.ie/

A second for these guys, found them great to deal with, and a couple of issues where resolved quickly.

• Advertisement

coolisin wrote: »
    A second for these guys, found them great to deal with, and a couple of issues where resolved quickly.

Completely, Alan is fantastic, my dad has used them for donkeys years.

They re did my aunts house which was a former corpo house with a tiny kitchen in it and they made use of every space available.

Our kitchen is about 11 years old now and it's still perfect.

ace_irl wrote: »
    Completely, Alan is fantastic, my dad has used them for donkeys years.

They re did my aunts house which was a former corpo house with a tiny kitchen in it and they made use of every space available.

Our kitchen is about 11 years old now and it's still perfect.

Thanks, are they very expensive?

Zelda247 wrote: »

To be honest, it really depends on what you're looking for, I think they have a showroom out near Sandyford, or you could contact them for a quote.

Their main showroom is near Dundalk though, well worth a visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

They wont be "cheap", but nobody will if you are looking for a solid wood kitchen.

As Ace said they have a showroom in Sandyford and Outside Dundalk, their main base of operations.

Sure go in get a quote off a couple of place see different designs from different companies

• Registered Users Posts: 27 gnalpp

Any ideas? it is for a house in Dublin... Would like to get a good one, maybe pure wood.

Avoid Tierney's like the plague. Awful post sale customer service. Once they have your cash, they don't want to know. Speaking from on going experience.

• Advertisement

someone else said the same about Tierney's.... just wondered though a sort of ball park figure, would it be like 10k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Depends what you want!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Artdeco30

We found Kube in Sandyford great - they do fairly plain, modern kitchens but we felt we got a lot for 11k (huge island with cupboards each side, wall of cupboards, all appliances)

Anyone used Cash & Carry Kitchens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭k123456

I used ecointeriors SAntry

They use the same units as Kube, which I think are called Nobilia. Less expensive than Cube and well fitted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

gnalpp wrote: »
    Avoid Tierney's like the plague. Awful post sale customer service. Once they have your cash, they don't want to know. Speaking from on going experience.

I had exactly the same experience. They're dreadful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Zelda247 wrote:
    Anyone used Cash & Carry Kitchens

I have one in for over 10 years. As good as the day it went in, despite hourly slamming of cupboards by 2 'starving' teenage lads hunting for food

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

THE PANELLING CENTRE, SANTRY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

RockDesk wrote: »
    I had exactly the same experience. They're dreadful.

Good to see they've changed their tune out there. LOL

The work was fine but after the sale is signed up they had no concept of keeping a customer happy. How they expect this leads to customer loyalty or repeat business in a competative market place is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Wife wants a new kitchen.....anyone recommend IKEA kitchens?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

toby2111 wrote: »
    Wife wants a new kitchen.....anyone recommend IKEA kitchens?

I know someone who knows someone who was extremely happy with IKEA.

Don't know if that's a solid enough recommendation! :D

RockDesk wrote: »
    I know someone who knows someone who was extremely happy with IKEA.

Don't know if that's a solid enough recommendation! :D

Good enough for me! Have booked kitchen design appointment in Ikea Belfast for Saturday (Dublin booked up).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

I put in an IKEA kitchen last year. Delighted with it and no issues at all so far!

zzxx wrote: »
    I put in an IKEA kitchen last year. Delighted with it and no issues at all so far!
    Our kitchen is average and not regular,if you know what I mean. Will that be a bit of a problem for an IKEA kitchen?Thought I read that they supply standard units that can be adapted,but if a kitchen is slightly different from the norm,this can be tricky...Maybe you can advise me on that??!

Our kitchen is average and not regular,if you know what I mean. Will that be a bit of a problem for an IKEA kitchen?Thought I read that they supply standard units that can be adapted,but if a kitchen is slightly different from the norm,this can be tricky...Maybe you can advise me on that??!

I have been looking about for a kitchen and went in to them.

The depth of a standard kitchen worktop is 600mm.

The depth of an ikea worktop is 635mm so this extra 35mm meant that it could not fit into a tight corner in my kitchen.
    Thats all I know about them.

I would say definitely make an appointment with their (IKEA) kitchen guys. They'll be able to sort it out for you I'd say, I found them very good. To answer your question, yes, they do have standard sizes but there's so many options you could probably figure something out. We also used the online configuration tool they have before we met them and it gave us a good idea of prices beforehand and was a good visual to have.

Went to Ikea Belfast kitchen design section today. Girl was really helpful and we got a good hard copy of our plans. Was a bit surprised at the high price.... And that's without delivery and installation which they don't do "down south".
    So we'll take those plans around a few places and see what they can do. I hear Cash & Carry Kitchens are quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭SteM

We've been looking into this recently and a neighbour and colleague both recommended Kitchen World out in Walkinstown. We're going to give them a visit.

I had a kitchen done recently. Was planning to use Ikea as I was conscious of my budget and didn't want to make a fool of myself by going to kitchen companies and asking for quotes knowing I'd never be able to afford them. At least with Ikea, you can see in advance exactly what it's gonna cost and there's not gonna be anyone standing there in the kitchen mid-install hitting you with extra fees.

Builder that was doing my extension arranged a chap to call out to just throw a price at it and a rough layout, and I went with him. His work was really good and I found his price reasonable (though I have to admit, I did not shop around, so he could just be the same as everyone else).

It was http://boylekitchens.com/ that I used. Jason was the chap's name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Went to Ikea Belfast kitchen design section today. Girl was really helpful and we got a good hard copy of our plans. Was a bit surprised at the high price.... And that's without delivery and installation which they don't do "down south".
    So we'll take those plans around a few places and see what they can do. I hear Cash & Carry Kitchens are quite good.

It is worth asking Ikea if there is anything they can do to reduce the price. I told them I had a particular budget one time and they went around the design, took out bits and pieces like internal drawers and the like and knocked 200 euros off the price.

It is worth asking Ikea if there is anything they can do to reduce the price. I told them I had a particular budget one time and they went around the design, took out bits and pieces like internal drawers and the like and knocked 200 euros off the price.

Yeh, we'll probably book an appointment with Ikea Dublin but there's a long wait for them. Gonna give the plan to a few local places and see what they can do.

Keep checking the appointments each day, people cancel last minute and you might just get a same day or next day slot at short notice. That's what I did. You can do the kitchen appointments in Carrickmines as well. And definitely give them your budget and they'll tailor to that. It's very easy to add/switch stuff afterwards if you can't afford everything at once

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ghostyned

Anyone ever buy kitchen from Eco Kitchens in Gullivers retail park Santry, was thinking of buying there....looking for some feedback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Ghostyned wrote: »
    Anyone ever buy kitchen from Eco Kitchens in Gullivers retail park Santry, was thinking of buying there....looking for some feedback

Yes, I did in 2016. Very happy with it and with the designer. Would definitely recommend it. I've probably posted pics of it at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭budhabob

Yeh, we'll probably book an appointment with Ikea Dublin but there's a long wait for them. Gonna give the plan to a few local places and see what they can do.

IKEA will be by far the cheapest (based on my experience 2 years ago). Found them great, installed the kitchen ourselves, and still working great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Heavy water

I used Eco. They were great. Really patient with all my changes. Delivery and installatiin all went smoothly. Excellent.follow on for a few small issues - door position needed to be adjusted. You get a free appliance _ I choose an induction hob (made by electrolux but with different name). Kitchen is made by Nobilia. Eco got.my stone.worktop -shopping around.on worktop didn't. yield any savings so got from Miller via Eco. Eco had really nice.laminate worktops too - the.laminates nowadays look great. Got appliances in Baize - ex display with full warranty. Ikea not as cheap as I expected but wooden worktops are great value and I used them in a different room for shelving. D1 kitchens.also very good.-few.friends.bought there. One got an in-frame wood kitchen painted in Farrow and Ball colour at a great price.
    Sorry for all the full stops -I'm using my phone and they keep popping in.

Thanks. I am going to take a look at Cash and Carry, ECo and D1 and get quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Heavy water

Also Woodworkers in Terenure. Read about someone who bought heavy wood doors there and then got their own fitter. Worked out much cheaper than some kitchen shops.

Thanks but I need someone who will remove the old kitchen, put in the new one, including new floors don't want the hassle of having to get someone to do stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Zelda247 wrote:
    Thanks. I am going to take a look at Cash and Carry, ECo and D1 and get quotes.

Any joy with your kitchen yet? Which quote worked out best?

• Advertisement

Still looking, was not impressed with Cash and Carry, looked badly made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

We got our kitchen last year from http://bespace.ie based in Blanchardstown. Their showrooms are amazing, great quality and gives you loads of ideas. Would highly recommend them, we dealt with Susan.

Their showrooms are amazing, great quality and gives you loads of ideas. Would highly recommend them.

Look expensive? ,no prices on site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Look expensive? ,no prices on site.

Yes, I thought the same but we got quotes from cash and carry and bespace and both came in the same but bespace trumped on quality and design. We had no issues at all and the fitter was excellent, his name escapes me right now. A year later and it's still looks brand new! I would recommend them to anyone.

I was in with them on Saturday for wardrobes and their wait times are long, can't fit me on until mid October. Probably the same for kitchens.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Has anyone had a kitchen fitted for less than 7K? Not necessary including appliances

Had quotes from
    kitchen world - 10K
    Hline Finglas - 8K
    IKEA - 5K but not fully sold on them

Looking for matte finish kitchen for a kitchen in 4 bed semi-d to nothing to big

Going to check Kube and Eco

Has anyone had a kitchen fitted for less than 7K? Not necessary including appliances

Id also get quotes from local kitchen fitters/ joiners. They can be cheaper than a lot of these places.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Id also get quotes from local kitchen fitters/ joiners. They can be cheaper than a lot of these places.

100% second this.
    I'll be getting my kitchen from a small local outfit here in Waterford. I went to no less than 8 kitchen providers for quotes, these guys came in as the 2nd cheapest (homebase were cheaper) but having seen 2 kitchens they've done, combined with the bespoke aspect it was a no brainer for me.

Mind you house isn't built yet so can't back up my opinion with anything real just yet! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Got a good price from Noyeks in Ballymount. Not sure about fitting costs, as we have someone already doing it. Entire kitchen length is 9 metres, no island, no appliances, extra high larder units, came in around €5.5k ex VAT

One thing to remember in your pricing is that a difference price comes about if you buy a kitchen and hire a fitter separately.

If you hire someone to supply & fit a kitchen, they will charge you 13.5% VAT on everything.

If you buy a kitchen and hire someone to install it, you'll pay 23% on the kitchen and 13.5% on the fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

kuang1 wrote: »
    100% second this.
    I'll be getting my kitchen from a small local outfit here in Waterford. I went to no less than 8 kitchen providers for quotes, these guys came in as the 2nd cheapest (homebase were cheaper) but having seen 2 kitchens they've done, combined with the bespoke aspect it was a no brainer for me.

Mind you house isn't built yet so can't back up my opinion with anything real just yet! :)

Hi, just wondering if you got this kitchen in yet? I'm based in Waterford as well and building a house so I'm looking at kitchens at the minute. Would you mind telling me who the kitchen supplier is as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Devious wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if you got this kitchen in yet? I'm based in Waterford as well and building a house so I'm looking at kitchens at the minute. Would you mind telling me who the kitchen supplier is as well?

Pm sent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement