Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Socket

Options
  • 17-10-2017 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

My house is pre-wired with Cat 5 cables, but no sockets at the end of them. I would like to fit the appropriate socket, i.e., one that takes a Cat 5 cable up into it and shows a port that an Ethernet cable can be inserted into on the outside (hard to phrase this properly - I hope it makes sense).
    The rest of the room uses flat chrome sockets, so I would like to get the internet socket to match. I tried screwfix, but can only find telephone sockets which are different (aren't they)? http://www.ie.screwfix.com/lap-1-gang-master-telephone-socket-polished-chrome-43e201.html

It crossed my mind that maybe I am doing the wrong search. Is there a specific name that is used to refer to these "internet sockets" and/or can you advise where I would find a flat, brushed chrome one?

Comments

Advertisement