Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus to Hazelhatch

Options
  • 17-10-2017 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what Bus Eireann bus route goes to Hazelhatch or closest one. I don't want the train

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,890 ✭✭✭✭L1011

None. The 123 stops a very significant distance away in Celbridge Village.

The Dublin Bus 67 stops slightly closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

miss choc wrote: »
    Just wondering what Bus Eireann bus route goes to Hazelhatch or closest one. I don't want the train

Hazelhatch is a road nearly 3 1/2 miles long... Stretching between Celbridge and Newcastle.

BE route 120 goes to Celbridge. No BE route goes through Newcastle.

Dublin Bus route 68/a goes to Newcastle, routes 67/a goes to Celbridge.

Do you know roughly where on the Hazelhatch you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Ah maybe I should be looking at Dublin bus just the area near the bridge where the barges are I think McEvoys pub is there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Ok, the Hazelhatch canal bridge is nearer Newcastle, but it's not a pleasant walk! Are you dead set against the train? The is a footpath from the train to the canal, and the walk is 10 minutes.

It's nearly a 30 minute walk from the 68 bus in Newcastle, or about 40 from where the 120 Edenderry bus stops in Celbridge.

There's a footpath from Celbridge to the canal bridge, but not from Newcastle.

I checked on Google maps so it's Dublin Bus 68 I would have to go to Newcastle I guess. I thought I could get a handy bus from Busaras but seems I've have to go up to Hawkins St anyway. Train is handy will have to get bus, Luas then up to Heuston just wanted to check first but less walking to place when I get there. :)
    6119 Peamount Rd The Beeches
    View
    3392 Peamount Rd Westmanstown
    View
    3393 Peamount Rd Cornerpark
    View
    3394 Peamount Rd Newcastle
    View
    3396 Newcastle Main Street
    View
    3397 Newcastle Orchard Grove
    View
    3398 Newcastle Alymer Road
    View
    3399 Newcastle Newcastle Manor
    View
    6187 Newcastle Ballynakelly
    View
    6188 Newcastle Rd Grants Road
    View
    6215 Greenogue Newcastle Rd
    View
    6184 Greenogue Business Park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Don't get the bus to Newcastle, you can't walk safely from Newcastle to Hazelhatch.
    There is a train from Connolly to Hazelhatch.Check the timetables.Most are at peak times.
    It's 3 km from Celbridge main street to the canal approx. It's the same distance from a 67 Dublin Bus stop in Celbridge to a 68 bus stop in Newcastle. You could get off the 68 at Peamount but still not a safe walk.
    You would get a taxi from Celbridge to the Hatch for between 5 and 10 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Get the bus to celbridge and get a taxi for 5 quid to the hatch....

Ah great I had it in my head I could only get train from Heuston if I can get a commuter from Connolly thats grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

The two lines are connected now via the phoenix park tunnel.

http://getthere.ie/hazelhatch-connolly_station/19-Oct

Advertisement