Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin Marathon trip advice please

• 17-10-2017 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

The Berlin marathon ballot opens tomorrow and I hope to secure a place. But I was trying to figure out how much would the whole trip cost. I plan to bring the family ( wife and 2 children) and would maybe go from Friday to Monday.
    Hotels are plentiful, but I can't get a rough price on flights, transfers and spending money.
    The plan is to go to Florida in November so we won't be going mad spending in Berlin.
    So any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Flights aren't too expensive, hotels are quite pricey but with the transport system there you could stay a bit outside the center and still be ok.

I went with an Air BNB which worked really well as I was close to the start/finish line and could make my own breakfast on the morning of the race.

It's a great race, I'd advise to look for some "Free Cancellation" hotel and get a reservation before the results of the ballot are announced.

Ryanair and Aer Lingus fly to different airports, I flew into one and out of the other just because the flight times suited me better.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

adrian522 wrote:
    Ryanair and Aer Lingus fly to different airports, I flew into one and out of the other just because the flight times suited me better.

Are both airports similar in distance to the city? Is the start/finish area located in the city centre?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, they both similar distance. Yeah, the start finish is in Tiergarten near Brandenburg Gate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Just entered the lottery. Apparently its going to be a family trip with a little girl celebrating her 8th birthday in Berlin:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Just entered the lottery too... maybe this time when I get accepted I will see the email (got accepted two years ago but the email ended up in SPAM due to "Lottery" and "won".... :( )

Anyone know how many different email address you can register with?

Muppet Man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

I'm looking at an apartment called Flowers boardinghouse near Mitte in Alexanderplatz. It looks close enough on the map to the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

fennor72 wrote: »
    I'm looking at an apartment called Flowers boardinghouse near Mitte in Alexanderplatz. It looks close enough on the map to the start.

Alexanderplatz is about 2 stops from the start. You're close enough. :)

Advertisement