Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of address document

Options
  • 17-10-2017 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi, I am trying to open a current account.

I have a statement for another bank, but am struggling to obtain a third document.

I don't have a license or utility bill or any of those.

I have an An Post savings account. If I apply for a statement from them, will this do along with an AIB statement and of course my passport? Other than that there is no other document I can obtain in my name.

Thanks 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Annual tax credits cert? 

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rd96

RossieMan wrote: »
    Annual tax credits cert? 
    Thanks for reply but I don't have one.
    I can get a statement from An Post in relation to my Deposit account with them, which should include my address. Hope they can accept this.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

If they are insisting on a bank statement or bill, then they are stuck in the past because most people have online billing and bank statements. It might be the case that they will accept other formal documentation, e.g., letter from a hospital or government body, etc., but they used bank statements and bills as examples, but you would obviously need to confirm with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

online bills in the form of estatements are accepted.

Do you work? you can simply apply for your annual tax credits that way. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Rd96 wrote: »
    Hi, I am trying to open a current account.

I have a statement for another bank, but am struggling to obtain a third document.

I don't have a license or utility bill or any of those.

I have an An Post savings account. If I apply for a statement from them, will this do along with an AIB statement and of course my passport? Other than that there is no other document I can obtain in my name.

Thanks 
    Hi Rd96,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

Yes you can use a statement from your Post office account as a proof of address. You can also use a motor or home insurance document, a letter from Revenue Commissioners, the Department of Social Protection, a motor tax renewal letter or a letter from a registered tenancy agency. If you need help further with this, please give our New Account team a call on 1890 354 454 or alternatively you can call into your local branch and an advisor will be happy to help. 

Please let us know here if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah 

• Advertisement
Advertisement