Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

flying south for winter

• 17-10-2017 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7 speedy00

i was talking to friend last night, he's packin his bags and headin off to south of spain for next six months, has a accomodation and work already sorted,
    i'm thinking about following him over if he can sort digs and work for me,
    i have obligations so i;ll have to fly back to ireland and germany a few times over the winter but with ranair thats really no problem

so why are you not flying south for winter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I have no friends.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

speedy00 wrote: »
    i was talking to friend last night, he's packin his bags and headin off to south of spain for next six months, has a accomodation and work already sorted,
    i have obligations so i;ll have to fly back to ireland and germany a few times over the winter but with ranair thats really no problem

because sorting work and digs for a temporary 6 month trip isn't that easy for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Because I’m an adult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Usually spend 3 months (winter) I'm SE Asia.

It keeps me sane. I think I'd go cracked if I didn't have that to look forward to.

It also means i get to skip Christmas bullsh1t at home so an extra bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Being all grown up, with responsibilities, a career and no desire to live a vagrant lifestyle with temporary work, it would never have appealed to me. Our winters aren't that bad, so not worth the bother.

But far away cows have long horns!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Would love the option but it's just not feasible.
    Still, op enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 speedy00

Esel wrote: »
    I have no friends.

i'll be your friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I'm no black legged kittiwake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I would but winters in Cancún get boring after a few years.

i'm thinking about following him over if he can sort digs and work for me...

What would you employ him as?

• Advertisement

I did fly south, for a week. Then i flew back again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Working and studying now so later on in life I can do this regularly.

What would you employ him as?

personally i would employ him as a reggae dj but the work he's organised is horticulture/agriculture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭la ultima guagua

South of Spain not south enough

Advertisement