Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to Scanning after many years!

Options
  • 17-10-2017 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Just dipping my toes back into the world of scanning after a break of some 20 years. Lots of changes! AGS have gone tetra, so have the HSE Ambos. Lots of new freqs for Dublin Airport ATC including the likes of Delivery, Apron North and South. Fire station and Airport Police seem to have disappeared! Are they Tetra /encrypted? Have come across some new (to me) channels on uhf possibly trunked system in the airport? Any feedback, updated freqs greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

redzer wrote: »
    Just dipping my toes back into the world of scanning after a break of some 20 years. Lots of changes! AGS have gone tetra, so have the HSE Ambos. Lots of new freqs for Dublin Airport ATC including the likes of Delivery, Apron North and South. Fire station and Airport Police seem to have disappeared! Are they Tetra /encrypted? Have come across some new (to me) channels on uhf possibly trunked system in the airport? Any feedback, updated freqs greatly appreciated!

Most interesting stuff is gone tetra and other modes of digital. God be with the good old days when we could listen to anything inc phones. Digital scanners are available but pricey but don't do tetra. Whistler do nice digital scanners but cost around £500 Sterling. Hf is a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭briany

What about some SDR hardware like from SDRPlay, used with Tetra decoding software like TeLive?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭thelordgod

briany wrote: »
    What about some SDR hardware like from SDRPlay, used with Tetra decoding software like TeLive?

If it's encrypted you won't decode it.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

redzer wrote: »

All emergency services bar Fire have sadly gone to Tetra :(

Have you heard of the liveatc phone app? Not exactly radio but you can listen to a live stream of Dublin ATC anywhere.

Airport police in Dublin and Cork are Tetra. Fire & Rescue is analog.

452 MHz is airport trunking - gate staff, baggage handlers etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭redzer

Thanks for the replies guys. Recently got a 125xlt. Certainly a great little scanner. I like the tagging of channels and being able to connect to the PC. But certainly the VHF and uhf bands are very quiet in and around Dublin city. The ATC transmissions don't seem to be as strong as they were years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

https://www.globaltuners.com

have a garry off this yoke
    enjoy

Advertisement