Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety affecting work

Options
  • 17-10-2017 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi all

I've suffered with anxiety for a long time. It can be very debilitating for me and as a result I have an extremely difficult time with change.

I start a new job tomorrow and I feel physically ill. Making the move isn't something I did lightly as I know how these things have the potential to affect me.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to deal with this so I can cope long enough to settle in?

(May not be the most appropriate place to post, please move if not)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

First days are always daunting. And generally fly by, as the day is taken up with setting up, meeting people, getting introduced etc. Dress nicely, smile, take notes. it will fly by.
    But do have a chat with your GP about anxiety, if it affects your life so much. There are things you can do that can help.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

get a short term script for xanax to tide you over.

Advertisement