Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed ramps fitted to tarmac path to Three rock aerials....

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Alek wrote: »
    They are plastic ones, not really making anything unusable, but certainly limiting your speed going downhill...
    or else specifically to slow cyclists down.

The plastic ones are incredibly dangerous, even at slow speeds for road bikes. I have seen several people on the UCD ones coming down. They have even went around and removed the edge parts of them there for cyclists as a staff member came off his bike and messed up his wrist. He was probably doing 15kmph (GPS speed) and is quite an experienced commuter.

Any bit of wet and even the slightest of displacement to your weight, either side will throw you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

GreeBo wrote: »
    So why the curiosity regarding my usage of that hill in the context of the ramps?

And?:confused:

You weren't the intended target audience...My case is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    For me, the reward/challenge is all in the uphill.
    ...said no mountain biker, ever. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

You weren't the intended target audience...My case is closed.

So your target audience isn't people who use the road the ramps are on?:confused:

If you only want people you know/have passed your vetting procedure, can I suggest PM's instead?
    Otherwise posting on a public forum will lead to...well, the public seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Lumen wrote: »
    ...said no mountain biker, ever. :D

Did I say that? :-)

I have gone up 3 Rock/Tibradden from all sides on an MTB but it’s a very long time ago. I have thought about going up on my commuter but never got round to it. Don’t fancy it much now if they have greasy/slippy ramps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Me neither but he's over 12000 post complaining about something :p:p

12847 and counting....roll eyes

Advertisement