Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Polar Bears with Two Sets of Testicles

• 18-10-2017 8:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭

What's all this about global plastic pollution causing hormonal dysfunction in Polar Bears?

Surprised to have not seen it earlier on After Hours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I drink out of a plastic bottle everyday. Where’s my spare set of balls?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

OP is jealous.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I need to see evidence of this before I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Why are people counting polar bears balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Here’s a question, could this not just be an eveloutionary leap forward.

Most evolution consists of a genetic anomaly that gives a distinct survival advantage and so it eventually propagates a species.

I see this as far more likely than thinking it’s being caused by a discarded Dunn’s stores bag. If it were discarded plastic causing this then Irish men should have at least four testicles considering the volume of littering here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The study is well over three years old. All hormones are affected by pollution and particularly hydrocarbons. Pesticides were also found to be a cause of hormone level changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Reminds me in the story of the compulsive gambler who was born with 3 testicles.

After losing a fortune to the local bookies one afternoon, and being down to his last tenner, and feeling determined to get one over on the house, he approached the bookie and asked him

"what odds will you give me that you and I Have 5 balls between us?"

The bookie thought about it for a minute or two then replied

"I'll give you 20 - 1"

The gambler thought his luck was finally in, and was Already spending his €200 in his head.

"Fair enough" he said to the bookie. "You go first"

The bookie unzipped his slacks, yanked down his boxers, grabbed his scrotum and said.
    "Here's my one ball, where's your four?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm not going to go googling that.
    Do you have a source OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

biko wrote: »
    I'm not going to go googling that.
    Do you have a source OP?

http://news.sky.com/story/plastic-pollution-leads-to-polar-bears-with-two-sets-of-testicles-11085873

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

The OP said polar bears. I assume he means two polar bears normally equipped.
    Or did someone go rummaging through the fur of a polar bear checking its equipment while the other researchers stood about half a mile away sniggering?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The animated news reported on something similar years ago.

latest?cb=20120326002951

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

One on the North, the other set on the South?

Advertisement