Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New windows / door - recommendations

Options
  • 18-10-2017 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi

Looking for recommendations for a good reputable supplier of windows and doors. I live in the Meath area, but have heard that companies from Northern Ireland often work out cheaper and are willing to size and fit in ROI.
    Can anyone recommend a good supplier? Reasonably priced would be a bonus!

Thanks
    Maura

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

I have used BK Windows based in Trim on a few different houses and find his service really good and his prices can't be beaten.
    His name is Frank Keoghan (can't figure out the BK myself and never asked!).
    Not sure where to get his number but I imagine Google would throw something up.
    Would highly recommend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

mauraf wrote: »
    Hi

Looking for recommendations for a good reputable supplier of windows and doors. I live in the Meath area, but have heard that companies from Northern Ireland often work out cheaper and are willing to size and fit in ROI.
    Can anyone recommend a good supplier? Reasonably priced would be a bonus!

Thanks
    Maura

http://www.windowcentre.ie/

Based in Navan. They do high-end windows and doors, but very good quality. Not sure of your budget!

Wright Windows in Westmeath are excellent. They put windows in my parents house in 1989 and we've never had trouble with them. I was in their showroom in Westmeath recently and they've a huge range of not only pvc but aluminium. If your budget is high enough, their aluminium sliding doors are in another world.

They also have an R9 range of windows that are gorgeous if you've a period house, and the u value is something really good like 0.85. I found them to also be very open on what they could or could not do, and they gave us addresses for their work so that we were able to talk to people who had windows installed by them already.

Advertisement