Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving house

Options
  • 18-10-2017 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello everyone!Very soon I'am going to move in Portloise in Fairgreen. Is anyone living there?How is the area?I heard some rumors that is a bad estate.Is that true?Is it safe for children?How are the schools and creches??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Lived there for 2 years, (moved now Thank God) Car damaged, House broken into twice, while we we're at work , Lot of Unemployed people living there & the usual Anti social behavior,

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

If I may hijack a bit :)

I'm looking at (renting in) Kilminchy myself at the moment... any opinions? Drove around it today and it looks fairly settled if a bit run-down in parts.

Anyone? Hate to be a bother but looked at a place today and trying to decide if it's worth the move :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Anyone? Hate to be a bother but looked at a place today and trying to decide if it's worth the move :)

Kilmimchy is ok. The houses were thrown up but if you’re renting that won’t be an issue. It’s a very big estate but haven’t heard of much anti social behaviour in the last few years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Yes they were thrown up 😂 & Extremely poorly insulated You Need the Heating on 24/7 in winter 😠 BER rating F truth be told

• Advertisement

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Yes they were thrown up �� & Extremely poorly insulated You Need the Heating on 24/7 in winter �� BER rating F truth be told

Really?? Crap :( That's a problem... I can do without ridiculous heating bills.

Will check that with the estate agent today, but appreciate the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rathevan

I live in Kilminchy and as Six Pack said, 10 minutes after the heating is turned off the house will be freezing again.

rathevan wrote: »
    I live in Kilminchy and as Six Pack said, 10 minutes after the heating is turned off the house will be freezing again.

That's not what I wanted to hear, but I appreciate it all the same.

How much is your average gas bill if I can ask? I'm looking at one of the 2-beds.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rathevan

The big bills over the winter are about €160/€180 every 2 months but I have a stove in my sitting room which gives off great heat so I can turn the heating off downstairs. I live in a 4 bed and our gas system has a switch that allows me to turn the heating off upstairs and still have it on downstairs if i need it. I'd say yours would be the same. We also wouldnt have it on during the day except for weekends.

Advertisement