Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run in the dark -Ireland Denmark ?

Options
  • 18-10-2017 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Run in the Dark Dublin,now clashes with the play off game.

Can't see the run going ahead the same evening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Rossi7

charkee;105006042Run in the Dark  Dublin,now clashes with the play off game.

Can't see the run  going ahead the same evening?
    I emailed them asking this question and they replied with the following
    As we have been planning the run from the start of the year, it will still go ahead unaffected by the match at the AVIVA. Unfortunately this is out of our control and we hope you can understand, I apologies for any inconvenience.
    I hope to see you at the start line this year! 

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

thanks Rossi7

I am not sure the organisers response makes much sense. Of course ,it is out of their control a match is now set at the Aviva for the same night.

However ,the Gardaí and City traffic management planners will have to consider the 50k plus match traffic arriving in the area .

Await developments..

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Any idea why they changed the run from the usual Wednesday night to the Tuesday night?
    My husband was meant to do the run but is now going to the game instead, it will be crazy around that area that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Any idea why they changed from the usual Wednesday night to the Tuesday night?
    My husband was meant to do the run but is now going to the game instead, it will be crazy around that area that evening.

I be dropping out of the race also! Football here i come

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Rossi7

charkee wrote: »
    thanks Rossi7

I am not sure the organisers  response makes much sense. Of course ,it is out of their control a match is now set at the Aviva for the same night.

However ,the Gardaí and City traffic management  planners will have to consider the 50k plus  match  traffic arriving in the area .

Await developments..

That was my follow up reply to them and I've heard nothing since. If they get back tome I  will let you know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I asked them the same, and was told similarly that the run is going ahead and not affected by the match in the Aviva... I fail to see how given the route goes around ringsend / Irishtown. It'll be interesting to see if it gets changed, otherwise I'll have to sprint the run (my first 10k eeek) and try to catch the last half hour or so of the footie. At least we'll have live updates with the roars coming from the stadium!

I asked them the same, and was told similarly that the run is going ahead and not affected by the match in the Aviva... I fail to see how given the route goes around ringsend / Irishtown. It'll be interesting to see if it gets changed, otherwise I'll have to sprint the run (my first 10k eeek) and try to catch the last half hour or so of the footie. At least we'll have live updates with the roars coming from the stadium!

Considering this race always starts 20 mins late, it be 40 mins late this time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Yeah I did it last year myself and I think it was about 45 minutes late starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,759 ✭✭✭blackwhite

If they insist on pushing ahead on the Tuesday they’ll be made change the race course.

Never in a million years would the Gardai be stupid enough to let them close lanes up around the point, on Sean Moore Rd, or the Eastlink with a game on at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

After the Newbridge House 'challenges' I would expect this race to come under additional scrutiny with the match being on.
    The majority of the 50k match goers won't have a clue that this race is happening and the associated traffic restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Can they not change the run to the Wednesday night? There is a pop up Run in the Dark event on near me and that's on the Weds night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Can they not rearrange the soccer? The run was surely organised and approved first?

Grassey wrote: »
    Can they not rearrange the soccer? The run was surely organised and approved first?

Soccer dates were set two years ago, provisions were put in for this then.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Soccer dates were set two years ago, provisions were put in for this then.

Seems like someone screwed up when agreeing the dates for the race. Can't see how the race could go ahead on the night with the current route. Not sure why it was moved from the Wednesday but I know that Depeche Mode are playing in the 3 Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 8,759 ✭✭✭blackwhite

They've moved it to Weds 22nd

Seems like someone screwed up when agreeing the dates for the race. Can't see how the race could go ahead on the night with the current route. Not sure why it was moved from the Wednesday but I know that Depeche Mode are playing in the 3 Arena

Your right, wednesday won't work also!!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

wed nov 22

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CassieManson

charkee wrote:
    wed nov 22

Gutted! I won't be able to make it on 22nd. Was really looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Sorry to hear people will miss it now but in fairness there was no way they'd have been allowed go ahead with it on the same night as the football.

Advertisement