Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Patti Smith: Kilmainham, June 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭fillup

Anyone going to the Q&A in the Abbey the night before? Managed to get tickets so hoping it will be interesting.

Nah - it'll be crap. Tell u what, I'll take that ticket off u if u like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

fillup wrote: »
    Nah - it'll be crap. Tell u what, I'll take that ticket off u if u like.

I have an image of that being a session where Nick Cave asks the questions and if the audience get the answer wrong, they get a b*ll*cking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Back on sale again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I've a spare ticket for this (hard copy, face value)

Pm me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 19 marcmc77

Anyone know any good bars to hang out in before gates open in the area.
    Also would it be possible to get back to town for a bus at midnight?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

marcmc77 wrote: »
    Anyone know any good bars to hang out in before gates open in the area.
    Also would it be possible to get back to town for a bus at midnight?
    Thanks.
    Ryans & Nancy Hands in Parkgate St. are about 10 minutes walk from the venue

You'll have plenty of time to walk back into town after the gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Anybody have any ideas on the running times? POD is showing 5:00 PM to 10:30 PM. I'd live with missing the support (Whenyoung) but really don't want to miss Patti Smith. I presume she'll be on about 7:30 ish,
    Billy Mays wrote: »
    Put them on toutless.com if you've not already done so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Anybody have any ideas on the running times? POD is showing 5:00 PM to 10:30 PM. I'd live with missing the support (Whenyoung) but really don't want to miss Patti Smith. I presume she'll be on about 7:30 ish,

We'll get the stage times on the day or maybe the day before.

Do not miss Patti. This gig is billed wrong. Nice Cave should be supporting her.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

Anyone know if the gate beside the Patriots Inn will be open for going into the gig? Will be coming from the Inchicore direction so would be well handier for me if it was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Pm me if interested

You still got that mate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Looking for a ticket at face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

sicknotexi wrote: »
    Looking for a ticket at face value.

There are tickets on Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Fantastic show in London last night, Patti Smith was in great voice as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

The Nal wrote: »
    We'll get the stage times on the day or maybe the day before.

Do not miss Patti. This gig is billed wrong. Nice Cave should be supporting her.

this x 2, saw them both in London yesterday. Incredible performances from Patti and Nick with their bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This is quite soon after Forbidden Fruit, perhaps they will just retain the main stage for this gig too. Was lucky to catch Mr Cave four times in his lifetime, first one was a gig in 1983 with his original band The Birthday Party in Glasgow, then at Electric Picnic 2005 with the Bad Seeds, Grinderman at Electric Picnic 2008 and finally at Body & Soul 2013.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I'm sick I never saw Grinderman live

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I'm sick I never saw Grinderman live

I preferred it to the times I've seen Cave himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

was collecting my wife today from the airport, waiting at arrivals with my two kids and out walks Nick Cave unaccompanied with no luggage in a grey 3-peice. His driver went straight up to him but i made sure i went up as I thought this is a chance of a lifetime. Asked 'hey Mr. Cave can I shake your hand?' he nonchalantly looked at me and said 'Thank you for asking' shook my hand and was away with his driver out the door. no security, no baggage... cool as fcuk. felt a little star struck if the truth be told but didnt want to ask for a photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

This is quite soon after Forbidden Fruit, perhaps they will just retain the main stage for this gig too. Was lucky to catch Mr Cave four times in his lifetime, first one was a gig in 1983 with his original band The Birthday Party in Glasgow, then at Electric Picnic 2005 with the Bad Seeds, Grinderman at Electric Picnic 2008 and finally at Body & Soul 2013.

grinderman Picnic gig was class raw as f uck , one of his best shows I saw was paris 5 years ago , the stager lee set was nuts .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Anyone know roughly the stage times?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Anyone know roughly the stage times?

Patti is on at 7

Nick Cave 8:30

Cave on stage at 9 according to this

https://www.pod.ie/nick-cave/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

1 hour 15 for Patti!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Patti is on at 7

Nick Cave 8:30

I meant to write 9:00 - 10:30 for Nick.

Had seen set times earlier. Should be a great show

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Where is the best place to park?

Driving up from Galway and should be there around 7.

Would there be spaces at either St James Hospital or Heusen Station at that time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Due to illness my wife and I can't make it tomorrow. We have two tickets at normal cost price if interested. :(

Where is the best place to park?

Driving up from Galway and should be there around 7.

Would there be spaces at either St James Hospital or Heusen Station at that time?

There's actually an underground car park for SuperValue which is in Heuston South Quarter (HSQ) right beside Royal Hospital. There's a set of lights just before Heuston, turn right in there. Couldn't be closer.
    Otherwise, park on the street around SCR or Inchicore and walk down t the gig. There is only one entrance and it's the main gate at Military Road. No entrance at Hilton Hotel end.

Dr Strange wrote: »
    Due to illness my wife and I can't make it tomorrow. We have two tickets at normal cost price if interested. :(

I hope it's not too serious Dr. Strange. I'm sorted but fair play for posting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭fillup

What's the nearest decent boozer to RHK?

I remember meeting someone close by for Beck a while back but I can't recall the name of the place...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SandStone

Does anyone know if there will be separate sections? The last time I was at RHK was for Blur a few years ago, and you had to be there really early to get a wristband for the front section.

Advertisement