Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Gloves for a 4yr old

Options
  • 18-10-2017 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for winter gloves for a 4 yr old kid that cycles 2km every morning to a childminders. Started moaning this morning, understandably.

Need to be flexible enough to be able to use brakes.

I haven't tried dunnes stores etc. yet, just trying on here first to see what others have gotten.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I got fingerless cycling gloves for a kid in Halfords earlier this year, they might have full fingered ones too. But regular kids gloves will probably be sufficient?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭531

Woolly gloves under cycling mitts, once it's dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Nice job on getting a 4 year old to cycle 2km!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Effects wrote: »
    Nice job on getting a 4 year old to cycle 2km!

in fairness to him, he's not actually 4 until mid-November.

Regarding the distance he's only going along at a speed I walk beside him with a buggy so it's handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

A small dose of HTFU might do him the power of good.

• Advertisement

A small dose of HTFU might do him the power of good.

well if he's anything like me then that won't work on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

De Bhál wrote: »
    well if he's anything like me then that won't work on him.

I cycled 15 miles to school as a yoot with a bucket of water on me handlebars and it never did me any harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭LeoD

De Bhál wrote: »
    I'm looking for winter gloves for a 4 yr old kid that cycles 2km every morning to a childminders. Started moaning this morning, understandably.

Need to be flexible enough to be able to use brakes.

I presume you're in Dublin so this won't help you but I got BMX style gloves for a (then) 4 year old in RAW Cycles in Limerick earlier this year.

LeoD wrote: »
    I presume you're in Dublin so this won't help you but I got BMX style gloves for a (then) 4 year old in RAW Cycles in Limerick earlier this year.

in Dublin yeah. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

decathlon.ie?

• Advertisement
Advertisement