Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Perfect Circle

Options
  • 18-10-2017 12:43pm
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭

New song released, new album due at some point, though we're yet to get a name. They played some other new stuff live I believe.

I'm a big fan of their first 2 albums and really like the sound of this. Great to hear some new APC, given that we're never getting a new Tool album :p.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

• Registered Users Posts: 14 hot tube productions

That's aweosme! really looking forward to hear the new album!

Any hitchhiker's fans?

Interesting sound off the 3 tracks released so far. This one has a bit of a pop vibe off of it. Looking forward to the full release.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Good band.

Though they lose me a bit when Maynard starts to get a bit preachy. It sounded profound when I was about seventeen, but it sounds a bit blunt and tone deaf to me these days: I fear the worse when it comes to the latest album. He's a smart man, but his attempt to be politically aware and current always sounds vaguely juvenile to me.

That cover of Imagine...Jesus Wept.

Still think Mer De Noms is a solid album from start to finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Arghus wrote: »
    Good band.

Though they lose me a bit when Maynard starts to get a bit preachy. It sounded profound when I was about seventeen, but it sounds a bit blunt and tone deaf to me these days: I fear the worse when it comes to the latest album. He's a smart man, but his attempt to be politically aware and current always sounds vaguely juvenile to me.

That cover of Imagine...Jesus Wept.

Still think Mer De Noms is a solid album from start to finish.

The new album is actually on Spotify already, unfortunately don't have the time to listen tonight though.

Wasn't mad about the first single they brought out for it. Their first two albums were amazing, can't say I love the more recent stuff though.

I agree that Maynard's a bit of a tool when it comes to the preaching..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Will check out the album now. 15 years ago I would have bitten at the chance to see them live but now they're playing down the road from me here in London and I didn't bother getting a ticket.

Let's see if I have any regrets after listening to the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Shows announced for england in december today.. wonder will they come over here??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Feel very underwhelmed by the new album.

Plenty of songs have great bits, but I don't know if any of the tunes are real keepers. And it veers dangerously close to bland at times and Maynard goes fairly heavy on some of his old lyrical tropes: plastic surgery, stupified masses hooked on technology, Jesus etc, etc. His voice still sounds great, but I just can't take what he has to say seriously any more.

I'd be very surprised if we ever see them tour over here. Which is a pity, because they'd definitely fill a decent sized venue.

Arghus wrote: »
    Feel very underwhelmed by the new album.

Plenty of songs have great bits, but I don't know if any of the tunes are real keepers. And it veers dangerously close to bland at times and Maynard goes fairly heavy on some of his old lyrical tropes: plastic surgery, stupified masses hooked on technology, Jesus etc, etc. His voice still sounds great, but I just can't take what he has to say seriously any more.

I'd be very surprised if we ever see them tour over here. Which is a pity, because they'd definitely fill a decent sized venue.

Out of interest have you listened to his latest Puscifer album, Money Shot? I really enjoyed it, some more refreshing themes lyrically (Nature, family, aging).

Haven't gotten round to this album yet.

Based on one listen I'm glad I didn't get tickets for Brixton shows and won't be going to see them at Wembley.

• Advertisement

Finally gave Eat The Elephant a listen.

It is a bit bland, isn't it? :(

Couple of good tracks but way off the quality of the first 2 albums.

Listened to it again and really didn't like it. Listening to Mer de Noms - Live now and it's just on another level. Thought it may have been my listening tastes that's changed over the years but I'm not so sure now.

Advertisement