Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir breaking contract

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

An increased price penalty? No they choose to stay and pay the increase rather than leave.

They also chose to sign a contract with this company in the first place that had these clauses in it, no one is every forced to sign these contracts it's always a choice!

The only real way the customer gains is if they have received a handset and can cancel early. There would be no need for the get out clause if the phone co just honoured the original price for the length of time agreed. If you think these contracts are written with the customers interests in mind than maybe we should agree to disagree. Peace man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭koura

An increased price penalty? No they choose to stay and pay the increase rather than leave.

They also chose to sign a contract with this company in the first place that had these clauses in it, no one is every forced to sign these contracts it's always a choice!

I have my contract here, nothing about terminating the contract by either party on one month’s written notice or any mention of any termination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

koura wrote: »
    I have my contract here, nothing about terminating the contract by either party on one month’s written notice or any mention of any termination.

Sorry to be a dick, but that's very unlikely. You're not looking hard enough.

This is a great opportunity for you. Call them up, tell them you're moving to UPC/Sky/Vodafone - and they'll more than likely offer you another set of discounts to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I never got any notification of my price being increased.
    It has me wondering if it in fact is increasing and they just didnt tell me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

goodlad wrote: »
    I never got any notification of my price being increased.
    It has me wondering if it in fact is increasing and they just didnt tell me

Notification can be printed on your bill or by way of publication in a national newspaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Ah i called them to check and they said my price isnt increasing so i guess im stuck with crappy Eir TV for another few months

Advertisement