Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonos ZP90 + Sonos One

Options
  • 18-10-2017 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

Do I need the ZP120 to play music wireless to Sonos one or will zp90 do?

Also if I get a samsung TV Bar, Can the ZP90 play to this device or is it only compatible wit Sonos spealkers??

At the moment my idea senario is below.
    sound.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

The Sonos Play One doesn't need to connect to zone player. The Sonos Play 1,3,5 have there own amp etc and connect directly to your Wifi Router, older variants of Sonos 5 need a Sonos hub.

The ZP90 is an old Sonos Product, its called Sonos Connect now, you connect it to Aux In of your Sound Bar (assuming it has 3.5mm input/optical input).

The ZP120, now called "Connect Amp" has its own amplifier and connects to a set of speakers.

This can all be found on sonos website. www.sonos.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Oh, But if i wanted a good music player to connect to the bluetooth speakers with zones,
    I still need a Sonos connect right?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

I use my ZP90 (or Sonos connect) with my 5.1 speakers in the living room through my receiver. The ZP90 is physically connected to the receiver through a optical digital cable. I have a Play 1 in the Kitchen.

I can use my Sonos app to control both the Kitchen and the living room together or they can operate separately.

The ZP90 basically turns my 5.1 speakers into a Sonos. The Play 1 has nothing to do with the ZP90 and can operate independently.

Thanks, I've neglected to run audio wires in the house, reason being I'm not an audiophile and bluetooth is fine for me. I'm assuming I can still use the zp90 to any bluetooth speaker?

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    Thanks, I've neglected to run audio wires in the house, reason being I'm not an audiophile and bluetooth is fine for me. I'm assuming I can still use the zp90 to any bluetooth speaker?

I am open to correction here but I don't think the Connect has bluetooth. It needs a cable connection to the AMP and speakers you wish to use.

If you want to use the connect with a Samsung sound bar why not just put the Connect behind the TV?

• Advertisement

deejer wrote: »
    I am open to correction here but I don't think the Connect has bluetooth. It needs a cable connection to the AMP and speakers you wish to use.

If you want to use the connect with a Samsung sound bar why not just put the Connect behind the TV?

Because I have all internet and audio and tv components in a box in the study controlled with harmony remote.
    Then no sky box, wifi router, playstation in living room, just a wall mounted TV

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    Because I have all internet and audio and tv components in a box in the study controlled with harmony remote.
    Then no sky box, wifi router, playstation in living room, just a wall mounted TV

I guess then best option is (I assume you don't have a connect already) is a Sonos sound bar under the TV and what ever Play 1, Play 3 or Play 5 setup you want.

Advertisement