Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Men (Us too), all (at least most) guilty for sexual harassment

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Ok. We're in agreement on that. What the other case I mentioned in the paragraph? A lad see a friend slap a strangers arse or something similar. Does he have any responsibility to challenge the friend?

Of course, but i still wonder why you need to make it a lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

tritium wrote: »

Of course, but i still wonder why you need to make it a lad.
    It doesn’t have to be a lad. I used lads because this forum mostly had male posters.

I’d say it applies to any group to take responsibility for what’s acceptable for that group. Id say that’s basic but some posters thought that wasn’t reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

It doesn’t have to be a lad. I used lads because this forum mostly had male posters.

I’d say it applies to any group to take responsibility for what’s acceptable for that group. Id say that’s basic but some posters thought that wasn’t reasonable.

Did anyone say it wasn't reasonable to be responsible? From memory the issue was being told as a group they were responsible without any acknowledgment of equivalent responsibility sitting with the other 50% of the population, even when theyre better positioned (e.g. mothers) to change behaviours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

tritium wrote:
    Did anyone say it wasn't reasonable to be responsible? From memory the issue was being told as a group they were responsible without any acknowledgment of equivalent responsibility sitting with the other 50% of the population, even when theyre better positioned (e.g. mothers) to change behaviours

Yeah there were plenty of posts with 'not my brother's keeper's etc. I don't think the position that was outlined in the article (Al men are responsible) is accurate. Id refine the position from the one you're talking about to the one were both agreed on. I also agree that that the responsibility lies with other people too.

I don't think the article said only men were responsible. I think it only spoke about men's responsibility, which isn't the same as saying nobody else can have responsibility. But as I said, I don't agree with all that was in the article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/im-glad-me-come-dine-11435324

I find this disgusting. Woman has sex with minor, doesn't go to prison. If, in ten years time, this kid comes forward with his 'metoo' hashtag, he'll probably be told to sit down and shut up.

Advertisement