Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gin ****

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The glasses are fcuking ridiculous sure there'll be potpourri in them next. I actually don't mind the taste of it but I'd be scarlet carrying a fish bowl around. There's a new Gin bar opened up near me and they are actually raping wallets. €12 for a G&T in some knobbish glass with half a green grocers swimming in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

anna080 wrote: »
    ... they are actually raping wallets...

That's phenomenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

*raiding. Meh I prefer raping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

lol this thread. Those who enjoy the sip can't say sh1t that will be better than the first post and if they do it is always going to be, eh good comeback. Legendary thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm still at a loss as to why some people get so bothered by others enjoying different drinks. The backlash against the craft beer revolution left me bewildered as well. More variation in the drinks market is surely a good thing no? I know OP is taking the p!ss but some people genuinely feel that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

i used to drink gin as a short at the end of the night out with the missus years ago, ordinary glass, straight tonic, no other ****, but she got me to give it up
    #notaginwankeranymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

MadYaker wrote: »
    I'm still at a loss as to why some people get so bothered by others enjoying different drinks. The backlash against the craft beer revolution left me bewildered as well. More variation in the drinks market is surely a good thing no? I know OP is taking the p!ss but some people genuinely feel that way.

He isnt taking the piss though, us gin **** are taking the piss by continuously taking pictures of our sweet sweet gin. Maybe he is just jealous that he doesn't get the gin buzz, and feels left out. Or maybe not getting his five a day like us gin drinkers are, or had a bad pint of Coors light last night and is a bit hungover. I find in those situations a bloom gin, cardamom, juniper and poachers tonic saves the day #gnt #ginblogger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Can't stomach gin at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Can't stomach the original post, the OP has just robbed the skeletal frame of his other post on boards about prosecco and managed to make it into a humourless overbearing rant. Good job. You have outdone yourself.

He isnt taking the piss though, us gin **** are taking the piss by continuously taking pictures of our sweet sweet gin. Maybe he is just jealous that he doesn't get the gin buzz, and feels left out. Or maybe not getting his five a day like us gin drinkers are, or had a bad pint of Coors light last night and is a bit hungover. I find in those situations a bloom gin, cardamom, juniper and poachers tonic saves the day #gnt #ginblogger

Nice bit of Dutch courage there from your old lady drink Audrey!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Jaysus Omackeral - I thought you were having a go at the grannies playing rummy there for a minute

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Can't stomach the original post, the OP has just robbed the skeletal frame of another post on boards about prosecco and managed to make it into a humourless overbearing rant. Good job post robbing wanker.

Which post is it that was robbed? Was it the one in the prosecco thread that I also wrote? Didn't know you could plagiarise your own posts but there you go!

That opening post is hilarious.. What a rollercoaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Omackeral wrote: »
    Nice bit of Dutch courage there from your old lady drink Audrey!

Coronation-Street-WK34.jpg

That opening post is hilarious.. What a rollercoaster.

It's an emotional breakdown of a man that's just had enough. It's like a gin version of Falling Down starring Michael Douglas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Can't stomach the original post, the OP has just robbed the skeletal frame of his other post on boards about prosecco and managed to make it into a humourless overbearing rant. Good job. You have outdone yourself.
    I thought it was hilarious actually. Funny cause it's true, etc etc. Order ur next g&t with a side order of #bants&lols

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Also if fcuk is censored on boards, how come **** isn't?

It's an emotional breakdown of a man that's just had enough. It's like a gin version of Falling Down starring Michael Douglas.

I haven't been around to witness the gin revolution but I reckon I'd be a bit confused to see it.. Juniper berries aren't exactly everyone's cup of tea.

begbysback wrote: »

Ah don't get us caught ya wanker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Cos half the mods would disappear if they banned ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I don't fucking know

Cos half the mods would disappear if they banned ****.

QONVIyz.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DeiseDoll

Omackeral, can I please get an exemption from Gin wankery - I was partial to G&Ts in the 1990s when in my early 20s and was ridiculed for drinking an old lady's drink. I just like how it tastes, please can't we all get along?

Can't stomach the original post, the OP has just robbed the skeletal frame of another post on boards about prosecco and managed to make it into a humourless overbearing rant. Good job post robbing wanker.

Had to laugh at Sam Hain there a few posts up. Thought they had a real "gotcha" moment catching someone stealing posts from another thread and playing them off as their own. Even went as far as to use the term post robbing wanker, ya know, like Gin Wanker. Then it was pointed out it was the same poster in the prosecco thread that had made this one so they backtracked and changed it like a motherfcuker. God bless the ninja edit!

DeiseDoll wrote: »
    Omackeral, can I please get an exemption from Gin wankery - I was partial to G&Ts in the 1990s when in my early 20s and was ridiculed for drinking an old lady's drink. I just like how it tastes, please can't we all get along?

Yes. You are a vintage gin drinker. You ma'am, have my respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DeiseDoll

Yes. You are a vintage gin drinker. You ma'am, have my respect.

Thank you Sir. I shall raise a glass of Hendricks and Schweppes to you at the first possible opportunity (not Fever Tree, 'cause I only have Schweppes atm - tonic **** is a whole new thread!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Only ever had one G+T because of a mate whos mad into it. I've never felt the earth spin so fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

I’ll tell you how bad Cork dry gin is. A few weeks ago I had a hard day at the office. Working late enough to get home past closing time I was dying for a drink to relax the nerves. I don’t have beer in the house but tend to have some spirits but was out. I was in despair until I remembered the Cork dry gin I keep for the aforementioned aged relative (do keep up).

Then I despaired again and went to bed sober.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Worried about what to get the Gin Wanker in your life for Xmas? Worry no more! Introducing the Make Your Own Gin Kit: https://www.splate.ie/product/diy-gin-making-kit/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv6jK0PH71gIV1hXTCh0gaQ_HEAAYASAAEgIWHfD_BwE

This will help the GW discover that their favorite artisan tipple is basically some cheap vodka which has had some twigs and leave floating in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

FFS OP you are nearly 300 years too late

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gin_Craze

Here we go. This is the exact wankology I'm referring to. Fresh from Lovin' Dublin of course, only published this morning.

Do you love gin? Well today is your lucky day my boozy little juniper berry.

Tigh Nora, Galway's first and only dedicated gin bar, is searching for a Tigh Nora GINbassador and it's a dream come true for Gin drinkers.

Couldn't take much more of the "article" than that. Utter scutter. GINbassador, get it?! Totes hilairs! The opening question and answer, though, is among the worst I've ever had the misfortune to read. Civilisations developed language and you do this to it? I might apply and burn it to the ground......

https://lovin.ie/travel-1/one-of-irelands-biggest-gin-bars-is-looking-for-a-gin-ambassador

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I love gins but I have been mortified at the glasses its put in sometimes... why the fish bowl trend...

agreed

I ask for a regular glass though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

The hostile responses to tongue in cheek posts are the best.

They're so entertaining.

Careful now, that reply of yours could be deemed a bit notiony and smarmy; a bit too hipster there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

Bucky and Jameson? Bleck, dirtbird.

Everyone knows Vodka, Redbull and Bucky is scrap juice.

To be fair, I'm a wanker anyway.

Ha we used to drink a similar concoction back in the day. i think we added coke as well.

on the gin, 20 years ago we went through a gin and red lemonade phase, half a bottle of gin mixed with half a litre of red lemonade and you were in some form for the night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Had to laugh at Sam Hain there a few posts up. Thought they had a real "gotcha" moment catching someone stealing posts from another thread and playing them off as their own. Even went as far as to use the term post robbing wanker, ya know, like Gin Wanker. Then it was pointed out it was the same poster in the prosecco thread that had made this one so they backtracked and changed it like a motherfcuker. God bless the ninja edit!

It doesn't matter. Either way you'll end up like that Leopoldo guy in To Rome with Love.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

I'd love a gin right now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭etselbbuns

I'd love a gin right now
    Dunnes have a Gin sale. Run!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

etselbbuns wrote: »
    Dunnes have a Gin sale. Run!

Aldi have a good offer on one of their gins, will have to check and see if they also have an offer on cucumbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Patww79 wrote: »

Lemons aren't hip enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

another 10 mins to wait before they sell gin :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I mocked my friends as they pranced around pubs and venues with their goblets of gin. Then I tried it and noted that it wasn't bad.
    Then I went back to mocking them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I've always found that a few G&T's will sort you out after a proper feed of pints, almost sobering in it's nature.

Now I'm not going to be drinking it out of a goldfish bowl or anything but it's a decent drink that has been corrupted by all this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Apparently Tequila and Rum will be the big hits of next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Martini.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Hilarious OP,

Have noticed this new fad myself, like it's the new "in" thing, being honest I've never drank gin, not crazy into spirits but I do like the occasional whiskey.

Actually I was told over the years that gin makes people fierce depressed, like there was something in it that triggers it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I have to agree with OP we leave in a world full of clones,
    The people who put Gin Life on there pics are the same people  , Sorry not sorry , Friyaaa , Fitfam,influencer 's (on the dole)   and all the other **** that all the clones write on there instagram pics, Ireland is full of gooooooooons !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

I like gin and tonic but just give me the bog standard gordons and schweppes

Someone buy me this

05-men-vneck-slimfit-ginwanker_large.jpg?v=1476956269

• Advertisement
Advertisement