Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should there be a universal right to housing

• 18-10-2017 3:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭

I'm sorry but I don't get it.
    Why should the state be burdened with providing individual housing units for every citizen that falls into a certain low earnings bracket.
    Grafters have to move 50 miles away from where they grew up to afford a home while others believe the state should home them around the corner from Mammy.
    It makes absolutely no sense to me, it never has.

I do however believe the state should provide shelter for the less well off.
    This could be organised efficiently through Mosney type facilities we already deem good enough for our refugees.
    Far more efficient having a free transport running to & from a single complex rather than spreading people & services around.
    A natural inclination would develop to better yourself & escape these circumstances.

Now I know many would deem this anti-democratic & draconian, their views should also be heard on this matter.
    Without incentives I believe most find it hard to grow & get stuck in a rut, I believe regaining your independence would prove an adequate incentive.

Should Individual Unit Housing be a right & provided by the State 14 votes

No, of course not, burdens on the state should be homed in the most cost effective manner
    0% 0 votes
    I'm on the fence here, don't want getto's or worse still, camps
    92% 13 votes
    Homes for all, it's the minimum a civilised society should do
    7% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

"Universal right?" So the state must sort a house on Mars out for me?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Hooks Golf Handicap

Poll added, I love a good poll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Oh Christ not another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Some sort of workhouse?  I could see that working out pretty well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Of course

• Advertisement
Advertisement