Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where can I learn to tread water?

• 18-10-2017 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,

I don't know how to swim at all. Nothing. But i'm not afraid to the water. I enrolled in swimming lessons at swan leisure (rathmines), but im learning how to do the freestyle stroke, what is good but, I would like to learn how to stay safe in deep water, like a deep pool more than 2mts or open sea. Something like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5-ZDDwRevs

So the question are:

- Did anybody know some kind of similar course?
    - Is any public deep pool (+2mts) in Dublin?
    - Any recommendation?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Have you completed the block of lessons yet?
    I only ask as when I learned first we didn't go near deep water till about 6 weeks in and it was purely treading.
    It was about 5 years ago now but Tallaght leisure was where I learned. 4 strokes + treading

• Registered Users Posts: 19 st0nk

Yep i finished my 10 lesson block, i will do 10 more beginner lessons. But i'm trying to find an alternative to lear to tread.

Thank you

Advertisement