Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAM in B&M shop Dublin?

Options
  • 18-10-2017 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,732 ✭✭✭✭

My RAM has died and I need my PC back working pronto so have to buy something cheap and cheerful to tie me over.

Is Maplin the best place to go? I'll be over near Blanch centre and passing through city centre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,732 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not a terrible price considering it's Maplins and you're stuck. If there's a PC World close to you either their prices aren't horrible all things considered.

Will I notice much difference with slower RAM? I'm not really gaming on this machine or doing multimedia, just apps like Office etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Nope, none at all assuming you won't be exceeding 4GB of ram usage!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,253 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've a load of DDR3 hanging about the place you can have instead.

Plus I didn't see any in Maplins a few weeks ago at least.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    I've a load of DDR3 hanging about the place you can have instead.

Plus I didn't see any in Maplins a few weeks ago at least.

Ah cheers but too late, I just went ahead and got a 4GB stick in PCWorld for €40

Meanwhile I'll need to send my other two RipJaws back to Taiwan for replacement

Damn the new ram didn't help things

Still getting 6 beeps when I start my PC. Its the ASRock B85 Pro4 motherboard.

This guy has same problem
    https://youtu.be/zJHUeR00zmg

Any ideas?

Advertisement