Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Updates Removal ....?

Options
  • 18-10-2017 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

And, tonights problem is ....! :D

Guys, I won't go into a TLDR here. I need to get Windows Updates off this machine, while it can still barely function.

Control Panel just resets itself. Then goes to war on me.

I found a link about removing it from the very core. But, I wasn't seeing what the link told me I would :confused:

Windows 7. Ultimate edition. Running Firefox, and out of time!

Thankyou!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

What problem are you having?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

You could try system restore. But the odds of system restore ever actually working ever for anybody would be similar to the lotto odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

there's freeware software that can be installed to remove (among other options) Windows updates, seen as Control Panel is malfunctioning.

Windows Update MiniTool 20.12.2016

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_update_minitool.html

Removing these updates can cause other unforeseen problems as other critical system files may be relying on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Stigura wrote: »
    And, tonights problem is ....! :D

Guys, I won't go into a TLDR here. I need to get Windows Updates off this machine, while it can still barely function.

Control Panel just resets itself. Then goes to war on me.

I found a link about removing it from the very core. But, I wasn't seeing what the link told me I would :confused:

Windows 7. Ultimate edition. Running Firefox, and out of time!

Thankyou!

https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/38624-uninstall-specific-windows-updates-via-cmd-or-batch-file-in-windows-7-8-and-server-2008-2012

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Stigura

Thanks, guys, both.

Sadly; We did all we could for him, but ..... :(

I'm coming to you from a Really old and clunky machine. Tomorrow, I'll be ringing a new repair outfit. My, so recently, absolutely swimmingly nice machine breathed its last tonight.

Nothing to do with those links. I never even got that far.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Stigura wrote: »
    Thanks, guys, both.

Sadly; We did all we could for him, but ..... :(

I'm coming to you from a Really old and clunky machine. Tomorrow, I'll be ringing a new repair outfit. My, so recently, absolutely swimmingly nice machine breathed its last tonight.

Nothing to do with those links. I never even got that far.

Thanks.

What happened it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Stigura

What happened, Sir Dosser? The local repair man put 7 on my new machine. He also put a bigger HDD in as mine was minimal ~ though the machine had been perfect, till the power cut wiped the OS.

Please note: The machine came with 7. Windows updates switched off. No AV. It was a joy for a year or two.

Local guy has an obsession that without AVG and Updates, the world will end. Nothing it seems can convince him to do as ye beg and pay for.

So, it came back with updates and a brand new HDD. I disabled updates and the very next day it struggled to fire up. Every day, for a week, it was hell. It'd scan discs. Repair discs. It died yesterday

I'm looking for a new, local, guy to sort, or replace this HDD and give me 7. No updates. No AVG. Then I should be at peace with my machine again.

Advertisement