Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long to take name off mortgage once documentation received?

Options
  • 18-10-2017 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am in the process of purchasing a new home, and to do so have arranged for my ex partner to take over mortgage and title of old home. Unfortunately I have discovered today, that although we both signed all needed documentation, deed of transfer etc, the documents were never sent on by my solicitor to BOI. I understand the documents will be with BOI by Friday this week. However due to this huge oversight, I am in danger of losing the new home I wish to purchase. Vendor pushing for closure in 28 days. Since my name is stuck on the old mortgage until the documents are process, I am rather stressed I will be unable to close in time and will lose the house.
    Can you tell me how long it takes to get a name removed from a mortgage once all the correct documentation is received ? An if there is a number I can contact to ensure it is treated with urgency?
    Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

DaithiOG wrote: »
    I am in the process of purchasing a new home, and to do so have arranged for my ex partner to take over mortgage and title of old home. Unfortunately I have discovered today, that although we both signed all needed documentation, deed of transfer etc, the documents were never sent on by my solicitor to BOI. I understand the documents will be with BOI by Friday this week. However due to this huge oversight, I am in danger of losing the new home I wish to purchase. Vendor pushing for closure in 28 days. Since my name is stuck on the old mortgage until the documents are process, I am rather stressed I will be unable to close in time and will lose the house.
    Can you tell me how long it takes to get a name removed from a mortgage once all the correct documentation is received ? An if there is a number I can contact to ensure it is treated with urgency?
    Thank you
    Hi DaithiOG,

Thanks for your post. 

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing this delay with your solicitor. I'm afraid we would be unable to provide you with a time frame for the transfer of deeds here. However we would advise you to get in touch with our Mortgages team on 01-6113333. They will be happy to look into this for you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement