Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you get internet on an aeroplane?

Options
  • 18-10-2017 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I am flying with Ryanair next month and need internet while in the air to look at a live show that I do not want to miss.
    I know Ryanair don't have Wi-Fi but is there any device i can buy from an internet store or something that will supply internet for me ? Like a dongle device or something?
    I'm not a very technical person excuse me 🀣
    Also yes I can ask someone to record the show so I can look at it after but I want to see it right there and then

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

shalena wrote: »
    I am flying with Ryanair next month and need internet while in the air to look at a live show that I do not want to miss.
    I know Ryanair don't have Wi-Fi but is there any device i can buy from an internet store or something that will supply internet for me ? Like a dongle device or something?

No.
    Also yes I can ask someone to record the show so I can look at it after but I want to see it right there and then

That's probably a better option. Or rebook your flight if a show is so important.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Any device you buy would need to be left in ‘flight-mode’ so you’d still have no internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 shalena

Graham wrote: »
    Any device you buy would need to be left in ‘flight-mode’ so you’d still have no internet.
    When on a plane in the air, different people's Wi-Fi names appear in my wifi search like "Emma's WiFi" etc, what is this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

When on a plane in the air, different people's Wi-Fi names appear in my wifi search like "Emma's WiFi" etc, what is this?

Space WiFi. You won't have the password.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

It means Emma didn't stick her phone in Airplane mode, and neither did you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭cml387

I believe Ryanair will be trialling wifi on board (no doubt at outrageous cost:D) some time.
    It is already available on some airlines, Emirates being one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

cml387 wrote: »
    I believe Ryanair will be trialling wifi on board (no doubt at outrageous cost:D) some time.
    It is already available on some airlines, Emirates being one.

With abysmal speeds, nowhere to support live video feed.

Advertisement